Question: What is Single Sign-On (SSO)?
The term Single Sign-ON (SSO) describes a solution that enables the system to determine the identity of a user without the user having to explicitly specify a user name and password in each application. It is a one-time logon to the system. However, there may be different technical conversions. Several different SSO solutions also exist for SAP.
 Question: How do I implement Single Sign-On?
Different technical options are available to implement SSO.
Some of the solutions that are available in SAP systems include:
-Logon tickets (Workplace)
For more information, see note 138498.
 Question: Why does Single Sign-On no longer work after one year?
You are using a certificate that was issued by SAP_CA. For more information, see note 389186. These types of certificates are issued with a validity period of one (1) year only. Logon tickets are still issued after the validity period expires; however, an error is triggered when the logon tickets received are checked. In principle, the problem is not restricted to CA certificates; however, "self-signed" certificates are generated with a considerably longer validity period (up to the year 2038).
 Question: Do all systems have to have the same password?
The current SSO methods enable you to assign different passwords for different systems.
 Question: Where can I find further documentation on SSO?
Further documentation is available in the SAP Marketplace:
- Query About Single Table-space.
- Question Regarding SAP GL(General Ledger).
- Create Different POs from Single Sales Order
- Question about Go Live Check
- Interview Question About Dead Lock
- GENERAL LEDGER MASTERS CREATIONS
- SAP BASIS INTERVIEW QUESTIONS ON DATABASE
- Important Basis Interview Question And Answer.
- Need advice about career in Basis
- Query About Profile Parameter Change by BASIS
- The SAP General Ledger
- General Info about this FAQ
- SAP General Leader Configuration
- Question & Answer Database
- SAP FICO General Ledger Configuration Material
- SAP Financial Accounting - General Topics Free PDF Book
- 100 Things You Should Know About Sales and Distribution with SAP Free PDF
- SAP FI/CO Interview Questions, Answers, and Explanations in PDF Book
- 100 Things About Financial Accounting with SAP
- Golive Pre and Post BASIS Activities
SAP Basis Administrator - GTS - SD | 4 - 7 Years | Chennai |
Exp :4 - 7 years | City : Chennai
SAP Basis Job | 1 - 4 yrs | Bengaluru/Bangalore | SAP India
Exp :1 - 4 years | City : Bangalore
Senior Analyst | 3 - 5 Years | Bengaluru/Bangalore | KPMG
Exp :3 - 5 years | City : Bangalore
Associate Consultant | 7 - 9 yrs | Noida | HCL Technologies
Exp :7 - 9 years | City : Noida
Trainee SAP Consultant
Exp :0 - 10 years | City : Mumbai
Consultant FMAS | 5 - 8 Years | Bangalore, Delhi, Mumbai | K
Exp :5 - 8 years | City : Bangalore
SAP Basis Manager | 15 - 20 Years | Bengaluru/Bangalore | EM
Exp :15 - 20 years | City : Bangalore
Consultant SAP Basis | 3 - 8 yrs Bengaluru/Bangalore | Wipro
Exp :3 - 8 years | City : Bangalore
SAP Security | 4 - 9 Years | Bengaluru/Bangalore | Capgemini
Exp :4 - 9 years | City : Bangalore
SAP Basis Consultant | 5 - 10 yrs | Lucknow | HCL TSS ( Susi
Exp :5 - 10 years | City : Lucknow