Question: What is Single Sign-On (SSO)?
The term Single Sign-ON (SSO) describes a solution that enables the system to determine the identity of a user without the user having to explicitly specify a user name and password in each application. It is a one-time logon to the system. However, there may be different technical conversions. Several different SSO solutions also exist for SAP.
 Question: How do I implement Single Sign-On?
Different technical options are available to implement SSO.
Some of the solutions that are available in SAP systems include:
-Logon tickets (Workplace)
For more information, see note 138498.
 Question: Why does Single Sign-On no longer work after one year?
You are using a certificate that was issued by SAP_CA. For more information, see note 389186. These types of certificates are issued with a validity period of one (1) year only. Logon tickets are still issued after the validity period expires; however, an error is triggered when the logon tickets received are checked. In principle, the problem is not restricted to CA certificates; however, "self-signed" certificates are generated with a considerably longer validity period (up to the year 2038).
 Question: Do all systems have to have the same password?
The current SSO methods enable you to assign different passwords for different systems.
 Question: Where can I find further documentation on SSO?
Further documentation is available in the SAP Marketplace:
- Single Signon
- Question About BDC Program
- Information about General upgrade
- General Idea About UK, US, Indian Payroll
- ECC 6.0 New GL Functionality and General FAQ
- SAP Basis Question and Answer
- Detail information about Withholding Tax
- FAQ about the Security Audit Log
- A support package eliminates an error in an SAP system. BASIS QUESTION ANSWER
- Interview Question about VKOA
- Query About Single Table-space.
- Create Different POs from Single Sales Order
- Question Regarding SAP GL(General Ledger).
- Question about Go Live Check
- Interview Question About Dead Lock
- GENERAL LEDGER MASTERS CREATIONS
- Need advice about career in Basis
- Query About Profile Parameter Change by BASIS
- SAP BASIS INTERVIEW QUESTIONS ON DATABASE
- Important Basis Interview Question And Answer.
- The SAP General Ledger
- General Info about this FAQ
- SAP General Leader Configuration
- Question & Answer Database
- SAP Financial Accounting - General Topics Free PDF Book
- SAP General Ledger Configuration - SAP R/3 ENTERPRISE ECC6
- 100 Things You Should Know About Sales and Distribution with SAP Free PDF
- SAP BASIS Complete Guide (PDF) Based on SAP R/3 4.6
- 100 Things About Financial Accounting with SAP
- SAP FI/CO Interview Questions, Answers, and Explanations in PDF Book
SAP BASIS | 4+ years | Gujarat | IDC Technologies INC
Exp :4 - 10 years | City : Ahmedabad
SAP Basis Consultant | 4-5 years | Hyderabad | Atum ITS
Exp :4 - 5 years | City : Hyderabad
SAP Basis HANA Consultant | 7 - 11 yrs | U.S | Data Core Ind
Exp :7 - 11 years | City : US
SAP Basis | 2 - 4 Years | Hyderabad / Secunderabad | IBM Ind
Exp :2 - 4 years | City : Hyderabad
SAP Basis Administrator - Hana/scm/crm Modules | 5 - 8 yrs |
Exp :5 - 8 years | City : Bangalore
Exp :0 - 1 years | City : Mumbai
SAP Basis Administrator - GTS - SD | 4 - 7 Years | Chennai |
Exp :4 - 7 years | City : Chennai
SAP Basis Job | 1 - 4 yrs | Bengaluru/Bangalore | SAP India
Exp :1 - 4 years | City : Bangalore
Senior Analyst | 3 - 5 Years | Bengaluru/Bangalore | KPMG
Exp :3 - 5 years | City : Bangalore
Associate Consultant | 7 - 9 yrs | Noida | HCL Technologies
Exp :7 - 9 years | City : Noida