Question: What is Single Sign-On (SSO)?
The term Single Sign-ON (SSO) describes a solution that enables the system to determine the identity of a user without the user having to explicitly specify a user name and password in each application. It is a one-time logon to the system. However, there may be different technical conversions. Several different SSO solutions also exist for SAP.
 Question: How do I implement Single Sign-On?
Different technical options are available to implement SSO.
Some of the solutions that are available in SAP systems include:
-Logon tickets (Workplace)
For more information, see note 138498.
 Question: Why does Single Sign-On no longer work after one year?
You are using a certificate that was issued by SAP_CA. For more information, see note 389186. These types of certificates are issued with a validity period of one (1) year only. Logon tickets are still issued after the validity period expires; however, an error is triggered when the logon tickets received are checked. In principle, the problem is not restricted to CA certificates; however, "self-signed" certificates are generated with a considerably longer validity period (up to the year 2038).
 Question: Do all systems have to have the same password?
The current SSO methods enable you to assign different passwords for different systems.
 Question: Where can I find further documentation on SSO?
Further documentation is available in the SAP Marketplace:
- Single Signon
- Question About BDC Program
- Information about General upgrade
- New General Ledger Migration(FI-CO)
- General Idea About UK, US, Indian Payroll
- ECC 6.0 New GL Functionality and General FAQ
- About SAP BASIS, Course, Fees, Career & Certification
- Detail information about Withholding Tax
- A support package eliminates an error in an SAP system. BASIS QUESTION ANSWER
- SAP ABAP Report Programming Questions 1
- Query About Single Table-space.
- BASIS Interview Questions
- Infosys basis Interview Question.
- Create Different POs from Single Sales Order
- Question Regarding SAP GL(General Ledger).
- Question about Go Live Check
- Interview Question About Dead Lock
- GENERAL LEDGER MASTERS CREATIONS
- SAP BASIS INTERVIEW QUESTIONS ON DATABASE
- Important Basis Interview Question And Answer.
- The SAP General Ledger
- General Info about this FAQ
- SAP General Leader Configuration
- Question & Answer Database
- Financial Accounting â General Topics
- SAP FI/CO Interview Questions, Answers, and Explanations
- 100 Things You Should Know About Sales and Distribution with SAP
- 100 Things About Financial Accounting with SAP
- Golive Pre and Post BASIS Activities
- General Ledger End-User Manuals
SAP SRM Functional Consultant | Bangalore, Chennai
Exp :4 - 5 years | City : Bangalore
SAP CRM Testing - Ciber Inc, Chennai
Exp :5 - 10 years | City : Chennai
SAP Basis (ixos) Consultant | Pune, Hyderabad, Chandigarh
Exp :5 - 10 years | City : Hyderabad
SAP BO - Businessobjects Consultant for Kolkata
Exp :5 - 10 years | City : Kolkata
SAP Basis Consultant | Noida, Chennai, Pune | 4+ yrs
Exp :4 - 9 years | City : Chennai
PP&C ANALYST | Bangalore | 2+ yrs
Exp :2 - 3 years | City : Bangalore
SAP MM | Alwar
Exp :6 - 10 years | City : Other India
SAP Basis Consultant | Secunderabad
Exp :5 - 9 years | City : Hyderabad
Senior Sap Basis Consultant | Hyderabad | 3+ yrs
Exp :3 - 8 years | City : Hyderabad
SAP FICO Consultant | Bangalore | 5+ yrs
Exp :5 - 7 years | City : Bangalore