Could any one tell me why we some time use BAPI, and some times use RFC and some times use IDOC while communicating with the SAP systems.
Is there any differences while using the same.
RFC and BAPI are same as per the technical point of view both are remote enabled function module..
BAPI is provided by SAP while RFC is created by a developer..
IDoc is another proprietary technology of SAP for exchnaging messages .
Difference lies here :
1. For RFC/BAPI you need to use RFc adapter
while for IDoc you need to use IDoc adapter..
2. For RFC you need to create RFC destinations not for Idoc
3. For Idoc you also need to manage Partners Profiles..inn R3..
These are few differences in using RFC/BAPI and Idoc...not the only ones..
RFCs are used when the caller and the called function module run in the same system.
In the SAP system, these functions are provided by the RFC interface system. The RFC interface system enables function calls between two SAP systems, or between an SAP system and an external system.We get information in response to RFC no functional acknowledgement will b received.
IDOC is jus a predefined structure like where in u would post them to your peer in distributed environment.As a response u can get functional acknowledgement for the IDOC which is being sent.
RFC is used when we need to get the details from the Rs system.
For example you have a company number coming from the file and you need to get the company information from R3 system for that company number that time you use the RFC. SO you send a request to R3 system and you get the response back from R3 system to XI.
As said IDOC is async its intermidiate doucments which has the predetrmined strucutre and which holds data for transfer between systems.
- BAPI Licensing
- Creating BAPI\\'s in WebDynpro ABAP.
- Deleting Sales Orders Via BAPI BAPI_SALESORDER_CHANGE
- Query About Subcontracting Purchase Order using BAPI.
- Service PO upload using Bapi LSMW .
- Bapi Explicit Commit
- BAPI and BADI
- BAPIs of BO GeneralLedger: Export to Excel
- BAPI C++ Library
- Data Polling on XI
- BAPI Programming
- BAPI function module in ABAP reporting
- Accessing BAPI Using Visual Basic 6.0
- BAPI User Guide
- BAPI Programming Guide (CA-BFA)
- Integrating SAP BusinessObjects XI 3.1 Tools with SAP NetWeaver
- Development in R/3 ABAP
- Customer Enhancement and Modification of BAPIs (CA-BFA)
- ABAP Objects (ABAP-Programming with SAP NetWeaver)
- ABAP/4 Performance Tuning
SAP ABAP Consultant | 2 - 7 yrs | Bangalore, Hyderabad, Pune
Exp :2 - 7 years | City : Bangalore
ABAP Developer | 5 - 10 yrs | Gurgaon | Khoj Information Tec
Exp :5 - 10 years | City : Gurgaon
SAP ABAP with FICO | 7 - 12 Years | Pune | Newt Global
Exp :7 - 12 years | City : Pune
SAP MM Consultant | 3 - 7 yrs | Bangalore | Wissen Infotech
Exp :3 - 7 years | City : Bangalore
ABAP HR Consultant | 2-7 years | Hyderabad | ADP Pvt Ltd
Exp :2 - 7 years | City : Hyderabad
SAP Basis | 4 - 9 Years | Noida | HCL Technologies
Exp :4 - 9 years | City : Noida
SAP ABAP Professionals | 6 - 11 Years | Mumbai | Accenture
Exp :6 - 11 years | City : Mumbai
UI5 Developer | 4 - 8 Years | Bangalore | Tech Mahindra
Exp :4 - 8 years | City : Bangalore
SAP PI ABAP Professionals | 6 - 9 Years | Mumbai | Accenture
Exp :6 - 9 years | City : Mumbai
SAP ABAP Functional Consultant | 5 - 9 yrs | Bangalore | Ade
Exp :5 - 9 years | City : Bangalore