ABAP Interview FAQ's Part-2
21. What is the meaning of ABAP/4 editor integrated with ABAP/4 data dictionary?
22. What are the events in ABAP/4 language?
ANS:- Initialization, At selection-screen,Start-of-selection,end-of-selection,top-of-page,end-of-page, At line-selection,At user-command,At PF,Get,At New,At LAST,AT END, AT FIRST.
23. What is an interactive report? What is the obvious diff of such report compared with classical type reports?
ANS:- An Interactive report is a dynamic drill down report that produces the list on users choice.
a) THE LIST PRODUCED BY CLASSICAL REPORT DOESN'T allow user to interact with the system
the list produced by interactive report allows the user to interact with the system.
b) ONCE A CLASSICAL REPORT EXECUTED USER LOOSES CONTROL.IR USER HAS CONTROL.
c) IN CLASSICAL REPORT DRILLING IS NOT POSSIBLE.IN INTERACTIVE DRILLING IS POSSIBLE.
24. What is a drill down report?
ANS:- Its an Interactive report where in the user can get more relavent data by selecting explicitly.
25. How do you write a function module in SAP? describe.
ANS:- creating function module:-
called program - se37-creating funcgrp,funcmodule by assigning attributes,importing,exporting,tables,exceptions.
calling program - SE38-in pgm click pattern and write function name- provide export,import,tables,exception values.
26. What are the exceptions in function module?
27. What is a function group?
ANS:- GROUP OF ALL RELATED FUNCTIONS.
28. How are the date and time field values stored in SAP?
ANS:- DD.MM.YYYY. HH:MM:SS
30. Name a few data dictionary objects? //rep//
ANS:- TABLES,VIEWS,STRUCTURES,LOCK OBJECTS,MATCHCODE OBJECTS.
31. What happens when a table is activated in DD?
ANS:- It is available for any insertion,modification and updation of records by any user.
32. What is a check table and what is a value table?
ANS:- Check table will be at field level checking.
Value table will be at domain level checking ex: scarr table is check table for carrid.
33. What are match codes? describe?
ANS:- It is a similar to table index that gives list of possible values for either primary keys or non-primary keys.
34. What transactions do you use for data analysis?
35. What is table maintenance generator?
36. What are ranges? What are number ranges?
ANS:- max,min values provided in selection screens.
37. What are select options and what is the diff from parameters?
select options provide ranges where as parameters do not.
SELECT-OPTIONS declares an internal table which is automatically filled with values or ranges
of values entered by the end user. For each SELECT-OPTIONS , the system creates a selection table.
SELECT-OPTIONS <SEL> FOR <field>.
A selection table is an internal table with fields SIGN, OPTION, LOW and HIGH.
The type of LOW and HIGH is the same as that of <field>.
The SIGN field can take the following values: I Inclusive (should apply) E Exclusive (should not apply)
The OPTION field can take the following values: EQ Equal GT Greater than NE Not equal BT Between LE Less
than or equal NB Not between LT Less than CP Contains pattern GE Greater than or equal NP No pattern.
PARAMETERS allow users to enter a single value into an internal field within a report.
SELECT-OPTIONS allow users to fill an internal table with a range of values.
For each PARAMETERS or SELECT-OPTIONS statement you should define text elements by choosing
Goto - Text elements - Selection texts - Change.
Eg:- Parameters name(30).
when the user executes the ABAP/4 program,an input field for 'name' will appear on the selection screen.You can change the comments on the left side of the input fields by using text elements as described in Selection Texts.
38. How do you validate the selection criteria of a report? And how do you display initial values in a selection screen?
validate :- by using match code objects.
display :- Parameters <name> default 'xxx'.
select-options <name> for spfli-carrid.
39. What are selection texts?
40. What is CTS and what do you know about it?
ANS:- The Change and Transport System (CTS) is a tool that helps you to organize development projects in the ABAP Workbench and in Customizing, and then