The Info Record may be updated at the same time of entering or changing a Purchase Order, a Request for Quotation or a Contract, depending on the value of the Info Record Update indicator.
EKPO-SPINF can hold the values:
Blank -> No updating
'A' -> Update with or without plant
'B' -> Update with plant (if no plant ban)
'C' -> Update without plant (if no plant requirement)
Special about Purchase Orders using ENJOY transactions:
In the Purchasing Enjoy transactions, ME2xN, the use of this field has been simplified to be just a checkbox that can be ticked or not.
However, the table value stored in EKPO-SPINF via these transactions are still using the values above using following conversion rule when the checkbox is ticked:
- If just one info record with or without plant exists, it is updated.
- If no info record exists two situations can occur: If Plant Condition control *) is '+', then an info record with plant is created. If Plant Condition control is NOT '+' then an info record without plant is created.
- If at least two info records exists (that is, one with and one without plant) then the info record with plant is updated.
This leads to the following conversion rule:
Checkbox unticked -> EKPO-SPINF = Blank
Checkbox ticked -> EKPO-SPINF = 'B'.
EXCEPT when no info record with a plant exists. In that case:
Checkbox ticked -> EKPO-SPINF = 'C'.
*) Plant Condition Control:
Another parameter influence on the determination of how to update the info record:
In Customizing you may specify that prices and conditions in purchasing info records are only allowed, or not allowed, at plant level via transaction OMF0:
Per plant, following values are valid:
Blank -> Conditions allowed with and without plant
+ -> Only plant-related conditions allowed
- -> No plant-related conditions allowed
The value is stored in table T001W, field KKOWK. This field is also
used when determining how to update the Info Record.
The Info Record Update Matrix:
Table EINE can hold Plant specific info records, and non plant specific Info Records.
When dealing with EKPO-SPINF, the interesting point is, if the plant specific or the non-plant specific info record in table EINE is updated.
This Matrix shows how the Info Record table EINE is updated when a
Purchase Order is created for all combinations of EKPO-SPINF, ocurrences of existing info records (IR) and the setting of T001W-KKOWK.
SPINF IR exists IR exists KKOWK Update EINE like:
A No No Blank create w/o plant
A No No + create with plant
A No No - create w/o plant
A Yes No Blank update w/o plant
A Yes No + create with plant
A Yes No - update w/o plant
A Yes Yes Blank update with plant
A Yes Yes + update with plant
A Yes Yes - update w/o plant
B No No Blank create with plant
B No No + create with plant
B No No - Not allowed -> E 06 185
B Yes No Blank create with plant
B Yes No + create with plant
B Yes No - Not allowed -> E 06 185
B Yes Yes Blank update with plant
B Yes Yes + update with plant
B Yes Yes - Not allowed -> E 06 185
C No No Blank create w/o plant
C No No + Not allowed -> E 06 186
C No No - create w/o plant
C Yes No Blank update w/o plant
C Yes No + Not allowed -> E 06 186
C Yes No - update w/o plant
C Yes Yes Blank update w/o plant
C Yes Yes + Not allowed -> E 06 186
C Yes Yes - update w/o plant
E 06185 is given on attempt to force an update of the plant-specific info record (B), when no plant-related conditions are allowed (KKOWK = "-")
E 06186 is given on attempt to force an update of the non plant-specific info record (C), when plant-related conditions are required (KKOWK = "+")
What is updated in the Info Records?
Purchase Orders(PO) /
Scheduling Agreements(SA) with and without time independant conditions:
- The Order Price History (table EIPA) is updated, and the PO number and item are written into the info record (EINE-EBELN, EINE-EBELP) upon PO creation (ME21/ME21N and ME31L).
- The same thing happens when changing a PO / SA (ME22/ME22N and ME32L) if Final Invoice indicator (EKPO-EREKZ) or Delivery Complete Indicator (EKPO-ELIKZ) is set.
- If a PO / SA item refered to as "Last Document" in an info record is deleted, then then reference in the info record remains.
However, if a new PO / SA is created it will NOT use the price from that last document.
- Neither price nor conditions are ever writen to the Info Record!
- If the Info Record is NOT present, the data from the PO / SA is used to fill the main data of the Info Record.
Note that it is only relevant to talk about conditions for Quotations; not for Requests for qoutations (RFQ).
Therefore ME41 is not the place where you create the conditions, it's only where you create the RFQ.
- Upon creation of the Quotation (ME47), all conditions are written to the info record.
The RFQ number and item are written into the info record (EINE-ANFNR, EINE-ANFPS).
- Upon change of the Quotation (ME47), the gross price PB00 is written to the info record.
If further supplementary conditions for PB00 (such as FRA1) are changed, they will also be written to the info record.
If a condition is marked as manual in the condition schema, it will not be transferred to the info record.
In ME47 it is only possible to update one period for conditions, that is the current period. For updating the future period you need to go to its condition maintenance screen and hit save otherwise the system do not know which period should be updated.
- When an RQF item is deleted, the info record remains along with its conditions.
- If no info record exists yet, upon creation or change of a contract, the Info record will be created when saving the contract if the info update indicator is set to A, B or C.
The net price, effective price, and conditions will then be copied from the contract to the info record.
- If an info record already exists, upon creation or change of a contract, neither price nor conditions are updated in the info record.
The net price, effective price and all conditions are only maintained in the contract.
NOTE: Upon creation of a contract, the net price, effective price, and all conditions are copied from the info record, provided that an info record exists and the relevant prices have been maintained there.
This takes place irrespective of the update indicator.