Definition - What is SAP EP (Enterprise Portal)?
The SAP Enterprise Portal provides more than mere integration of data from various sources. It enables interaction and collaboration between various applications. In the similar manner, various types of applications can be integrated into the portal and provide for easy communication and exchange of information. The components of the SAP Enterprise portal (EP) make the data understandable to all the applications and make it available in the necessary format for use in different industry verticals.
Business benefits of SAP Enterprise portal
- Adoption: This is one of the new tools for taking new and improved decisions, and better management functions.
- Accuracy: SAP EP tools provide consistent and accurate data across all systems.
- Efficiency and effectiveness: This module acts as a single source of information for integrated data.
- Access: Information can be accessed through diverse SAP portals by using the techniques offered by SAP EP, irrespective of time and place.
- The module reduces the cost of system development and system support as well.
- It serves as a platform for the next generation, CRM (Customer Relationship Management), SEM and BI, acts as an intuitive tool, and provides personalized experiences.
Those aspiring to become an Enterprise portal (EP) professional must have the necessary SAP skills and qualities in order to certify for the same. Courses in this SAP module include knowledge with regards to:
- Overview of SAP products
- Portal content studio
- App integrator
- Portal permissions and business package
- Portal infrastructure
- J2EE administration
- User management
- SAP SSO and iViews
- Business packages ( ESS and MSS)
Completion of the course in its entirety helps to have a better career in SAP Enterprise Portal.
The requirement for the SAP Enterprise portal is quite indispensable. The salary package for this position is high and increases with time investments and the level at which a professional manages to position himself/ herself. A certified Enterprise Portal candidate has to put all skills and efforts in the field in place, as and when necessary.
In order to gain a certification in SAP Enterprise portal, candidates should possess good knowledge regarding web portal development. The module verifies the overall knowledge of an aspiring candidate with regards to Enterprise portal; so he/ she should posses in depth experience with regards to Enterprise search, portals, business processes, forms and Enterprise content management.
The testing of expertise in the field is done through an exam which is conducted for duration of about180 minutes and comprises of 80 questions. Aspirants for this position can take up the exam in English (only). SAP certification exams are globally recognized and examine students to know their practical job experience. Even though the SAP certification exam is not mandatory, it provides added marketability and also offers access to higher remuneration. The SAP Enterprise portal provides for three types of certification. Associate, professional and masters level. At max, you can take the SAP Enterprise exam three times.
Aspirants working with the portal should have real time experience in handling issues related to SAP Enterprise. Before being certified, they need to possess experience in Java development and web portal architecture. SAP EP courses require prior knowledge of consulting, server installation, architectural design, management and troubleshooting. In addition, candidates should also possess experience in planning, deploying and implementing the techniques of Enterprise Portal, and should be capable of taking complete end-to-end ownership in the development of projects.