Some of the noteworthy benefits of SAP GUI are:
- A single face GUI for accessing all SAP components such as ERP, BI, CRM, SCM, XI, and SRM.
- Users are allowed to login with their preferred language, as the same GUI can be used in different languages.
- It is very user friendly and useful for creating favorites, start up transactions for reducing dialog steps, and so forth.
- This module is downward compatible for supporting all SAP applications that are below the current GUI Version. In other words, the latest version of GUI supports the lower versions of SAP components with ease.
- It contains user parameters that are defined for more frequently keyed inputs. This enables the automatic population of text boxes based on specific user logins and reduces the percentage of user inputs in real time.
- SAP GUI offers role based and easy to access SAP menus for reducing the GUI load.
- This SAP module is intelligent enough to determine the server that is least loaded in the event of more than one instances (application server) being configured.
- It allows access across low speed connections and displays screens without graphics/logos as they tend to consume more network traffic.
- GUI SAP boasts of ergonomically designed interfaces for configuring GUI font size, colors, logos, visual designs and custom layouts.
SAP GUI is responsible for handling the various layers of SAP: presentation, application as well as the database layers. Its family consists of:
- SAP GUI for HTML - which needs Internet Transaction Server (ITS) for providing access to SAP systems.
- SAP GUI for Java environment - a generic SAP GUI that covers many platforms and looks like the Windows version which is devoid of platform-specific decorations.
- SAP GUI for Windows environment.
In order to connect users to a SAP system, SAP GUI (Graphical User Interface) uses different protocols. For instance, SAP GUI for Windows and Java use DIAG/RFC for connecting users to their SAP systems while SAP GUI for HTML works in line with the HTTP Protocol.
SAP GUI consultants, functional consultants, super users and trainers are increasingly using this module for adding, modifying and deleting the various SAP access parameters. With the help of a certification course in SAP GUI applications, they can look forward to lucrative career opportunities in reputed companies worldwide. Most companies are on the lookout for experienced SAP GUI professionals and are ready to pay high salary packages to deserving candidates.
Explore the many opportunities in the field of SAP GUI and welcome a new phase in your SAP career - today!