Definition - What is SAP POS-DM (Point of Sale Data Management)?
The integrated tool of SAP Point of Sale (POS) Data Management is used to receive, review, process and analyze transactional data from business stores. It leads to positive improvements in decision making, at every life stage of a business enterprise. All information pertaining to business stores is available with the tools and integrated features of SAP applications, thereby making it essential for relevant departments to look for experts in the fields of SAP Point of Sale (POS) Data Management and other allied areas of concern.
With this system in place, data has only one entry point to pass through and allows users to get access to enriched and defined information, before the integration or compilation of any kind of data. The integral parts of SAP POS DM include POS Inbound Processing Engine and Analytics, along with diverse sub parts as POS Analytics and POS Analytics data supply.
The features of SAP POS DM are given as below:
- Accurate transmission of payment from card details to different card companies.
- Configuration of data for any duplicity, and deletion of all the errors affecting the formation of an ideal system.
- Reliable processing of transactional data for sales monitoring.
- Integration of transactional data, thereby making it usable in the SAP Net Weaver Business Intelligence package for more informed analysis.
- Efficient point of sales distribution, for better cleaning and maintenance of data.
- Evaluation of the effectiveness of promotions.
- Rapid implementation of business processes for reducing the cost of ownership.
SAP POS DM courses are available with most efficient curriculum for those aspiring to acquire good knowledge in this field. The course enables candidates to configure SAP POS DM environment and also stimulates new data addition. By gaining a certification in the same, SAP employees and partners can get access to the following contents of the course:
- Fundamentals and architecture of Point of Sale Data Management;
- Knowledge about the interfacing pipelines for inbound processing of POS;
- Sales audit with the help of POS workbench;
- Ways if accessing and customizing the POS data efficiently;
- Creation of reports with POS analysis;
- Distribution of data with flexible outbound processes;
- Provision of flexibility to the master data and acknowledgment of two outbound processes;
- Integration and implementation of POS and retail SAP applications data;
- Learning of short and over balancing concepts;
- Reliable transfer of CAR POS and audit data to SAP POS DM.
SAP POS DM is the integration of various applications related to the SAP/ non- SAP industry and helps business organizations attain their right positions. The module plays a vital role in the selection, analysis and implementation of retail application sub-modules in all types of business enterprises. A SAP POS DM consultant understands the impact of implementation of one application on all related areas. There is an abundance of jobs for the POS DM consultant profile but then, sound knowledge of required fields prove to be a necessity for scoring the best position in the organization of one’s choice.
This technical field does not hold any certification but relies on the practical knowledge of the candidates, which needs to be implemented in the real life scenarios of organizations with which they relate. SAP aspirants have to strengthen their skills in the respective field through troubleshooting and configuring problems, addressing real time errors in the best possible way, and achieving expertise in SAP Point of Sale (POS) Data Managementtools.
Candidates must have sound knowledge of all the course contents and the practical experience to implement them in their organizations. Retail consultants have a great future in this field and they must have prior knowledge of different retails applications, along with smart ways of implementing the same.