The course that increases one’s adequacy in the UNIX platform is referred to as DB2 UDB (UNIX and Windows) Database Administration. The course introduces the basic/ advanced levels of programming concepts for candidate to ponder upon and implements the tools of SAP database administration efficiently. It emphasis on deploying various database back up strategies since all the relevant data of an organization is basically stored in the back up, and any problem with the same must be taken care of immediately.
The contents covered in the course include:
- Basic strategies of data back-up and storage system;
- Various ways of recovering the data that’s lost or destroyed;
- Techniques of handling database logs;
- Configuration of database in SAP;
- Monitoring of a database with SAP DB2UDB monitor;
- Management of storage data and troubleshooting of errors;
- Working with the DB2 cost optimizer in SAP environment and DB2 SQL Cache analysis tools;
- Regulating the performance of systems in the SAP industry and availing different options of making them more efficient.
Every company requires a manager for taking care of the databases and back end servers being utilized by the same. Any system can be hit by a database loss, and once that place, a reliable application is required for managing and restoring the data that has been impacted negatively. SAP, being such a big venture in the business enterprise industry, requires a number of candidates equipped with knowledge in handling the UNIX platform for troubleshooting such problems.
One can get certified with the knowledge in this field by clearing the exam conducted by SAP for expertise in the respective field. For attaining a certification for technical consultation certification in UNIX, one needs to have practical knowledge of implementing various queries in UNIX based database systems. The certification requires basic knowledge of the UNIX platform and overall knowledge of SAP 050 technology. The certification proves that the candidate has good knowledge of the SAP R3 system interface to the database of the system. The exam consists of 40 multiple choice questions.
Candidates aspiring for the course must have sound knowledge of the SAPTEC fundamentals of the SAP Web AS. System administration knowledge is also a must.