How To Accept application permissions for AFW Apps?
Permission is required to be accepted for Android for Work (AFW) before the app is deployed.
The application permissions can be accepted by administrator on behalf of all users in one of the following three ways:
1) Application permission can be accepted through the Afraia administration console:
- First, create a new Android Market application policy and specify the bundle ID of the desired app in the General Section.
- Now browse to the App permission section
- Then select 'Deploy as Android Work App' in order to see the permission list necessary in order to use the application. This list of permissions vary by application and gets determined by the published of the app.
- Now select 'Accept All Permission' and then please save the application policy.
2) Using Google Play accepting permissions:
- First, browse to the managed Google Play Store and then log in using the enterprise managed Google admin account.
- Now search for the desired app in the catalog and click on the Approve button.
- Now a pop-up with list all permission required for application will appear.
- And now click the approve button in order to accept the permission.
Note: If an application update introduces new permission which must be accepted then a notification will only appear in the managed Google Play Store. However, admin can accept new permissions using the methods listed above. And if the admin does not accept these new permissions, the affected applications will not be deployed to new Android For Work devices.
3) Accepting application permissions with the help of Mobile Secure:
- First, create a new Google Play application policy and please specify the name of the app.
- Now browse to the Supported Platforms section and then click on the Edit platform button.
- Now under the info tab and select 'Deploy as Android Work App'
- Now under the Permissions tab please review the list of required permissions and then select 'Accept all changes'.
- Now click OK button in order to save the application policy.