By: saketpratap | 17 May 2007 9:29 am | 1 Comments
Any one could help me, pls? I am new to Asset Accounting while I have a potential job for mass upload of master data using transaction AS02. Focus is to convert the asset super number from an old reference to a new reference (to be determined by client), plus some other field modifications included in the request.
I would be using BAPI_FIXEDASSET_CHANGE for instance. What table/s I shall look into to explore the system requirements for this?
To make a mass change, you have two options:
1. If the change of the field can be put into an algorithm (e.g., enter XYZ as a super number for all assets in class 1234), you can use a mass change rule. You first define the mass change rule in the same way as you would define an asset substitution (IF something, THEN something else), then you go into the mass change transaction, select the right assets, the proper change rule ... and hit Execute.
2. Very often, it is easier to prepare the data in Excel and use transaction AS02 for the upload. Here, I can recommend transaction LSMW - you simulate (and record) the AS02 transaction on one fixed asset master, then follow all the steps proposed by the system (define fixed values, variables, etc.) and finally upload the Excel (.csv). System will automatically generate a batch input for all assets. It may take some time for you if you do it for the first time, but it is the best way if you would otherwise need to define complex algorithms.
So - use option 1 if you have a simple algorithm for many assets, and option 2 if "each case is different" or if you feel more comfortable in Excel than ABAP. Option 2 is simple, but of course takes some time to generate the upload and then run the batch sessions (while option 1 changes everything instantly in a matter of seconds).
I’ve read you post re mass changes of the fixed assets and also interesting in the transaction code for the mass changes.
Also I did not understand for LSMW how to simulate (record) AS02 transaction, could you pls describe more clear how to do it? Or better send the csv file as an example…
Here are the details:
I. To use mass change:
1. First, define a mass change rule in transaction OA02 (Accounting - Financial accounting - Fixed assets - Environment - Mass change rule). For each company code, you can define one rule (or a sequence of them). However, all of them will always be executed at the same time. Therefore, if you need to define different rules for different assets, you will have to do this repeatedly. Technically, this is done in the same way as AA substititution.
2. Once the rule is defined, you need to select assets for mass change. Go to transaction AR01 (Accounting - Financial accounting - Fixed assets - Environment - Worklist - Generate). Enter selection criteria like on any standard AA report, and run Execute. I cannot simulate this now on my system (we do not have AA), but it should ask what you want to do (mass change, mass retirement, etc.) and ask for a name of the worklist (write anything - e.g., Super number change). The system will show you a list of selected assets in a report format. Check it and make sure that it is correct. You may add or remove single assets from this (now cannot tell you how, but it is possible). If you are happy with the list, save it.
3. The last step is execution of the change. Go to transaction AR31 (same path as above), execute the report and if you are happy with the list (same as in step 2), press Save. System will show you a log of change (what went through, which errors occured). You are done.
LSMW is a transaction, which will let you mass upload almost any other transaction (FB01, FD01, AS91, etc.). You do it in the following way:
1. Enter into transaction LSMW (no menu path), possibly in a development / test system
2. First, define a project, subproject and object (relatively formal task).
3. On the horizontal menu, go to Goto -> Recordings. Click on "Create recording".
4. Enter the name and description of recording (freely definable).
5. I cannot simulate this now in my system, but SAP will ask you about transaction code (AS02) and will take you into the AS02 transaction. In this step, do the change manually. Make sure you "touch" (change / write something) in all fields which you want to update.
6. Once you are done, save the recording and return on the start page of LSMW. Click "Execute".
7. You will see a list of tasks. Do them one by one. They should be relatively simple (and I cannot help you with them). Important is step 3 (maintain source fields) - here you define the columns of your excel (csv) file in the particular order. In step 5 (field mapping and conversion rule), you assign file columns to SAP fields (note that you will see only those fields which you "touched" during recording). You need to go through all the steps. In the end, you get (and run) a batch session.
8. If you did this in a development system, transport the LSMW object (menu Extras - Export project, Extras - Import project). You have to do it via file, not via standard transports of configuration (it is perhaps more simple).
I cannot simulate it now (no AA module around ), so I hope it will work. Let me know if it does not. Make sure you test it first in development or quality system! And let us know your feedback!
Master Data and Transactional Data
Master Data and Transactional Data SAP Master Data: First of all you would have to know that all the data can be altered and all the transactions are basically based on the SAP master data. If...
Master Data available in FICO
Hello SAP Experts,What is the master data available in SAP for FICO? I have faced so many times this question in interviews.Please, friends, anyone can help me.
Display Asset Master Data AS03
Display Asset Master Data AS03 Accounting→Financial Accounting→Fixed Assets→Asset→ Asset display Note: The display screen for information of Asset will require...
AS03 - Display Asset Master
AS03 - Display Asset Master Functionality You want to see the values in the asset master which is created. Scenario This transaction is used to display an asset master record. Requirements...