I am in the process of selecting a BI tool to meet our client needs and would like to hear from you, BI experts, given our following expectations of the BI Visual Analytics/Reporting tool:
1. Supports traditional tabular reporting; Plain table display, crosstab and three dimensional tabular reporting.
2. Rich visual analytics.
3. Amazon Redshift database integration (Data will be hosted in here).
4. Adhoc reporting capabilities. Self-service BI - should enable business users to create/modify reports on their own.
5. DB write back feature enabling users to write data back to DB.
6. Web interface for Viewing and Authoring.
7. Dashboards and drill-down options.
8. Mobile Access.
9. Cloud hosting (SaaS/PaaS).
I have some hands-on experience with Tableau and while meets most of the above criteria, it lacks in the following areas:
1. No DB Write-back option (There is an way in Tableau to perform this, but it is more of a hack, not a documented feature of the tool).
2. While Tableau is an excellent visualization tool with rich chart types/features, traditional tabular reporting is not it's strength.
3. No cloud offerings from the vendor.
Qlikview: From what I read from the public forums, it is more developer dependent.
MicroStrategy seem to meet most of these criterion. But I do not have much details around it. Any expert feedback here?
What other tools in the market can meet all or most of these criterian? Looking forward to hear some expert advice and suggestions on the choice of tools.