My company is a retail company and 1 of its categories is furniture.
The problem I am facing is when I order a furniture set from the vendor, it is delivered to me under a single article code. Now during delivery to the customer, when the pick list/outbound delivery is generated, the warehouse handler sometimes misses out on delivering all the components of the furniture set since they are kept separately in the warehouse due to space constraints.
Hence we decided to use the concept of Bill of Materials(BOM).
Here we would use the parent code for purchasing process but for the logistic process we would need to introduce a parent-child relationship for better tracking i.e. the parent article would explode into child articles during the inbound & outbound process.
Hence we went forward and created a BOM article However I am facing the following issues.
I have created 3 standard articles using MM41. After Creating 3 articles say A,B & C.
I then create BOM article using CS01. Suppose I create 'A' as the BOM article and BOM usage as '5' i.e. in Sales & Distribution. I assign 'B' & 'C' as child articles of 'A'.
Such that ,
1 quantity of 'A' has 1 quantity of 'B' & 3 quantity of 'C'.
The article is created successfully.
However when I raise a PO at the parent article level, the BOM article does not explode into components or child articles.
Similarly during the inbound & outbound process in the warehouse, I am unable to explode articles.
Also during goods receipt in the store , the BOM article does not explode.
Hence I wanted to know if there is any configuration setting I need to change or if any one can suggest an alternative method through which I can handle this problem.
- MD02/03/11 and ME21/22/51/M52 Bill of Material (BOM) was not Exploded
- Transfer of bills of material for empties to other systems
- What is SAP MM (Materials Management), Course, Fees, Career & Certification?
- What is SAP Materials Management Module.
- Logistics & Transport
- Material Management Definition
- MM Process Flow
- Material Matchcode
- What Material Types are there?
- Atlernate Materials used in BoM
- Processing Cost of Recursive BOM In Sub Contracting
- Bulk Material Indicator is not transferred from the BOM
- In Need of Material Management study material
- Can I have batch Oil Bill of Material item as batch managed material?
- BOM Master
- Auditing the Material handling process in a company which runs over SAP - MM.
- Planning material process
- BOM Alternative in PO Subcontracting
- How to Include inhouse processes in BOM
- Customizing Materials Management Processes in SAP ERP
- Logistics Invoice Verification in SAP MM PDF
- User Exits and BAdIs in SAP MM (Materials Management)
- Materials Management MM Release 4.6C PDF Book Download
- Materials Management with SAP ERP: Functionality and Technical Configuration PDF
- Materials Planning with SAP
- SAP FI MM SD Integration (.pdf file), Material Management integration
- 100 Things About Materials Management in SAP ERP PDF Book Download
- Integrating Materials Management with Financial Accounting in SAP
- SAP MM Functionality and Technical Configuration PDF
ABAP HANA Consultant Job | 5 - 8 yrs | Bengaluru | SAP India
Exp :3 - 5 years | City : Bangalore
Urgent requirement for SAP SRM CONSULTANT for permanent job
Exp :4 - 15 years | City : Roorkee
Opening for Sr. SAP Basis Consultant @ Bangalore (Immediate
Exp :6 - 15 years | City : Bangalore
SAP MM Certified consultant
Exp :2 - 0 years | City : Noida
SAP FI/CO Revenue Recognition - Bramasol is based in Santa
Exp :10 - 20 years | City : Other International
Urgent requirement |SAP SD Techno functional
Exp :5 - 11 years | City : Bangalore
due to AV scan timeout
Exp :3 - 0 years | City : US
SAP Process Specialist
Exp :3 - 5 years | City : US
SAP Hana Cloud Integeration | 6 - 9 Years | Pune | Atos
Exp :6 - 9 years | City : Pune
SAP FICO Consultant | 4 - 6 yrs | Kolkata | Softlogique IT S
Exp :4 - 6 years | City : Kolkata