My company is a retail company and 1 of its categories is furniture.
The problem I am facing is when I order a furniture set from the vendor, it is delivered to me under a single article code. Now during delivery to the customer, when the pick list/outbound delivery is generated, the warehouse handler sometimes misses out on delivering all the components of the furniture set since they are kept separately in the warehouse due to space constraints.
Hence we decided to use the concept of Bill of Materials(BOM).
Here we would use the parent code for purchasing process but for the logistic process we would need to introduce a parent-child relationship for better tracking i.e. the parent article would explode into child articles during the inbound & outbound process.
Hence we went forward and created a BOM article However I am facing the following issues.
I have created 3 standard articles using MM41. After Creating 3 articles say A,B & C.
I then create BOM article using CS01. Suppose I create 'A' as the BOM article and BOM usage as '5' i.e. in Sales & Distribution. I assign 'B' & 'C' as child articles of 'A'.
Such that ,
1 quantity of 'A' has 1 quantity of 'B' & 3 quantity of 'C'.
The article is created successfully.
However when I raise a PO at the parent article level, the BOM article does not explode into components or child articles.
Similarly during the inbound & outbound process in the warehouse, I am unable to explode articles.
Also during goods receipt in the store , the BOM article does not explode.
Hence I wanted to know if there is any configuration setting I need to change or if any one can suggest an alternative method through which I can handle this problem.
- MD02/03/11 and ME21/22/51/M52 Bill of Material (BOM) was not Exploded
- Transfer of bills of material for empties to other systems
- SAP MM (Materials Management) Certification Cost and Course Duration in India
- Logistics & Transport
- Material Management Definition
- SAP MM Process Flow
- SAP MM Tree Menu
- Material Matchcode
- List of all Important tables used in Material Management
- Atlernate Materials used in BoM
- In Need of Material Management study material
- Bulk Material Indicator is not transferred from the BOM
- Explode Bill of Material Automatically at time of Order entry
- Can I have batch Oil Bill of Material item as batch managed material?
- Auditing the Material handling process in a company which runs over SAP - MM.
- Planning material process
- Diagram with the process for linking ETM BOM & the Material BOM to the sales order
- How to Include inhouse processes in BOM
- Processing Cost of Recursive BOM In Sub Contracting