My problem: CCMS auto-alert doesn’t work. It only works on manually.
Following shows my config & the setting procedure.
Any step I missed or wrong? <remark: platform = SAP Ent R/3 4.7c>
1. Run TCode RZ21: Create Method “zCCMS_OnAlert_Email” by copying “CCMS_OnAlert_Email”
- Run RZ21
- Click “Display Overview” in “Methods” with “Method definitions” selection
- Copy “CCMS_OnAlert_Email” and create new method “zCCMS_OnAlert_Email”
- Go to tab “Parameters” of “zCCMS_OnAlert_Email”
- Input 3 Parameters:
- Sender = CCMS_Alert
- Recipient = my email address
- Recipient-typeid = U
- Go to tab “Release”, select all 3 options (Data Collection Method, Auto-Reaction Method, & analysis method)
2. Run TCode RZ20: Assign “zCCMS_OnAlert_Email” to one CCMS Monitor Template
- Run RZ20
- Select Dialog Overview -> Users Logged On -> My Testing SAP Server
- And then click Properties
- Go to tab “PerformanceAttribute”, Change Threshold values
- Threshold values:
- Change from Green to Yellow = 5
- Change from Yellow to Red = 7
- Reset from Red to Yellow = 6
- Reset from Yellow to Green = 4
<remark: it makes a new alert created if more than 7 users logon>
- Go to tab “Methods”, set “Start the data collection method every” = 60 seconds
- Assign “zCCMS_OnAlert_Email” as a method in “Auto-reaction method” and in “Analysis method”
After 7 users logon, a new alert created.
But after more than 30 minutes, I still cannot receive the auto-alert email.
I go to the template again, right click the monitor-item and select “Start Analysis method”. The alert mail sent t my mailbox, but it is not automatic. It is manual action.