We have not been able to bill for 2 days due to inability of CCS to pick up schema related rate steps during the billing run. The original rate and schema did work and when attempted to re-create everything from scratch I still obtained the same error during billing. Appears that even though I can see the related rate steps on-line the billing run fails to pick them up and generates an error msg.
We are not sure why billing no longer picks up the rate steps in the schema. Creating a whole new infrastructure does not solve the problem.
Answers to (Received from different correspondents)
1) Make sure the rate type assignment is done correctly.
2) Sounds like a time slice error. Check to make sure all dates are covered and do not correspond to the dates in the error message.
3) Make sure you have a billing order for the appropriate dates.
4) It appears that you may have changed something in the schema of the rate. Therefore, go to the schema and click the update icon (looks like an ugly little truck). Then, try to reuse the rate. If that doesn't work, review your rate determination to make sure the first date goes back far enough in your testing period (to the beginning).
5) I would like to suggest checking all the dates that come in way of creating Rate structure.
6) I would look at the meter readings and bill cycle dates. Make sure that the readings have passed validity and are ok for billing. Make sure that the bill dates fall into the same date range as the validity of the rate structure.
Get More Questions and Answers with Explanation related to CCS Rates Steps Structure at SAP IS (Industry Solutions) Forum.