To change the Base unit of measure, the following checks are performed:
- The base unit must not be defined as an alternative unit of measure for the material
- No International Article Number must be assigned to the base unit
- No proportion/product units must be defined for the material
- No configurable material must be assigned
- The material must not be used as a configurable material
- Stock must neither exist for the previous period nor for the current period
- No physical inventory must be active
- No reservations or dependent requirements must exist for which the deletion indicator is not set
- No planned orders must exist
- No purchase requisitions, purchase orders or scheduling agreements must exist for which the deletion indicator is not set
- No WM transfer requirements, no WM quants or no WM posting change notices must exist
- The material must not be a bill of material
- The material must not be contained in a bill of material
- The material must not be used as a production resource/tool
- The material must not be used in task lists
- No standard cost estimate must exist for the current or future period
- No production orders must exist
- No planned independent requirements must exist
- No run schedule headers must exist
- If the base unit has dimensions, no serial number profile must be assigned
- No sales and distribution documents must exist which have status Not processed or Partially processed.
You changed the base unit of measure on the basic data view of the material master or on the accounting view. However, the system still displays the unchanged base unit of measure in the material ledger, for example, in the material price analysis.
You change the base unit of measure of a material number that exists in at least one plant in which the material ledger is active. If you make this change only on the basic data view of the material master without calling the accounting view, then the base unit of measure is not adjusted in the material ledger. If you change the base unit of measure on the accounting view, the adjustment occurs in the material ledger only for this combination of material number/plant - in other plants, the base unit of measure for this material number is not changed.
Steps to change the base unit of measure.
- Call the material master record in the create mode.
- Overwrite the old base unit of measure with the new one in one of the user department screens.
- Save the change.
The system checks whether the base unit of measure may be changed. If this is not the case, the corresponding warning appears. To display the reason for this, choose Display Errors.