PP (Production Planning)
PP (Production Planning) Forum
Hello SAP Experts,
Can anyone guide me that what configurations are done in PP module? If anyone will assist me then it would be great help for me.
Hello You need the following settings to be maintain while configuring PP(Production Planning) module manually:
1. Factory Calendar: In first Configure SAP calendar then define Public Holidays in predefined Holiday Calendar and create Factory Calendar.
2. Basic Data: Maintain Bill of Material, define Modification Parameters,define BOM Usages, define Material Types For BOM Header, define Item Categories used for Item Data, define allowed Material Types for BOM Items and at last define Order of priority for alternative BOM usages.
3. Work center: First of all in work center you need to define WorkCenter Category then define Field Selection for Work Center, define Task List Usage for Workcenters, define Parameters for Standard Value Key, define Standard Value Key, define Person Responsible for work Centers, define Move time Matrix, define Default Work Center, define Capacity Categories, default Control Keys, define Capacity Planners, define Shift Sequence, define Worcenter Formulas and at last define Work Center Formulas for Costing.
4. Routing: For routing you need to define Number Ranges for Routings, define Field Selection, define Material Type Assignments, select Automatically (Routing Selection), define Task List Usage, configure Planner Group, configure Control Keys, define Reduction Strategy, define Relevancy to Costing, define (Standard) Trigger Point Usage and in the end define Automatic Selection of Routings. After performing them you’ll be able to do routing in PP module manual configuration.
5. Production Planning: For production planning you need to set demand Management, define number ranges for planned independent requirements, configuring Requirement Types and Requirement Classes, define Strategy, define Strategy Group, define version numbers and also maintain consumption mode and period of adjustment.
6. CRP: In CRP you need to define layout keys, layout, profile for capacity planning table and Overall profile
7. Material Requirement Planning: In this phase plant parameters, Carry Out Overall Maintenance of Plant Parameters, Scheduling Parameters for Purchasing, Maintain Planning Calendar, Number Range for Planned orders, Number Range for Purchase Requisitions and define MRP Controllers, Missing Parts MRP Controller, Special Procurement Type, MRP Areas, Scope of Planning for Total Planning, Planning Horizon, activate BOM Explosion characteristics, Planning Time Fence and Roll Forward Period, Floats (Scheduling Margin Key), Parallel processing for MRP, Receipt days Supply and Parameters for Determining the Basic Dates, Define scheduling parameters for planned orders, Define availability stock in Transfer/Blocked stock/Restricted stock, Define External Procurement, Define BOM Explosion Control, Define BOM Explosion for Sales Orders, Define BOM and Routing Selection, Activate MRP and Set Up Planning File, Define Planning File Entries for Goods Movements and at last Convert Planning File Entries for MRP Areas.
8. Shop Floor Control: In this step you need to maintain Master Data and Define Order Types, Define order type-dependent parameters, Production Status Profile, Define number ranges for orders, Define number ranges for confirmations, Define number ranges for reservations, Define Print Control, Define production scheduler, Define production scheduling profile, Define Confirmation Parameters, Define Time for Confirmation Processes, Define Reasons for Variances, Define single screen entry, Define Field Selection for Confirmation, Define Reduction Strategies, Batch Status Management, Batch Search Strategy to Production and Activate Batch Management.
9. Availability Check: For this you need to Define Checking Group, Define Scope of Check, Define Checking Control, Define Checking Rule and Checking Rule for Back order Processing.
10. Scheduling: And at last in scheduling you need to Specify Scheduling Type, Define Scheduling Parameters for Planned Orders and Define Scheduling Parameters for Production Orders.
Sign up for STechies
Ask Question From Our Experts
All the site contents are Copyright © www.stechies.com and the content authors. All rights reserved.
All product names are trademarks of their respective companies. The site www.stechies.com is in no way affiliated with SAP AG.
Every effort is made to ensure the content integrity. Information used on this site is at your own risk.
The content on this site may not be reproduced or redistributed without the express written permission of
www.stechies.com or the content authors.