With Release 710 or 620/640/700 with the Support Packages specified below, the existing PDF Converter (function module CONVERT_OTF) for SAPscript and Smart Forms is enhanced so that PDF documents can be created in Unicode systems and correctly reproduce a mixture of languages.
The prerequisites for using the Unicode Converter are as follows:
- An SAP Unicode system Release 620 or higher
- The Support Packages specified below for Release 620, 640, 700
- The kernel patches from Note 873239
- Truetype fonts installed with the RSTXPDF2UC report. The Unicode-PDF Converter inserts the fonts into the PDF where necessary. A guide to installing the fonts is attached to this note. (No fonts are required for Chinese/Japanese/Korean.)
- The OTF data to be converted must have been created with a cascading fonts Unicode device type (such as ZSWINCF, see Note 906031) or with the new PDF device type PDFUC attached to this note. As of Release 710, this device type PDFUC is available in the standard system.
Alternatively, you can also use Unicode PCL5 device types LEXUTF8, HPUTF8, RC001U18 or RC001V18. In this case, in Report RSTXPDF3, the option CASC_UC_DEVTYPES must be activated. However, LEXUTF8, HPUTF8, RC001U18 or RC001V18 are not recommended for PDF conversion because the ANDALE font cannot be correctly reproduced in the PDF.
For PDFUC to work in Releases 620-700, you require at least the following Support Package level:
Support Package required for 620: Support Package 61.
Support Package required for 640: Support Package 20.
Support Package required for 700: Support Package 11.
The device type PDFUC is delivered in Releases 620, 640, 700, 701 and 702 in the more recent Support Packages defined in the note.