The connection of data foundation for BI 4.0 must be same in both of the universes, if they are not in the same universe you will not face at any problem as it could not be introduced because of several schemas or database types etc. and for this you have to perform some kind of actions such as updating the structure and check the integrity constraints.
For single source data foundation
In the Information Design Tool (IDT)
For extracting the universes you have to do following steps:
- First of all you have to choose the menu file and new and at last project.
- Next you have to insert or you can open the session to the CMS repository.
- Again you have to extract the universe, please make sure it must have Data foundation (DF) which is further copied in to the DF project.
- Now you have to generate a folder which is further named as “retrieval-[datetime]”. You have to replicate that name to “source”.
- Now extract the universe that will accept data foundation in to the copy DF project.
- Now rename the project to the destination.
Copy and Move the Data Foundation
- First of all you have to do right click of the data foundation and then choose copy.
- Next you have to click on the source folder and then choose paste, you will see that there will 2 data foundations.
- If you want to open the tab you have to double click on the copied data foundation.
- Now choose the connection within the connection panel.
- You have to alter the connection using the menu actions.
- Now choose the connection from the destination folder.
- Choose move by doing the right click on the copied data foundation within the local projects panel.
Now business layer in to the copied data function
For this you have to go through the below steps:
- Double click the business layer if you want to open the tab with in the destination folder.
- Now choose the business layer itself with in the business layer panel.
- Choose the menu actions.
- Press ok and choose the copied data foundation.
- Choose the menu file and then save.
- Now do right click within the destination folder to choose the delete.