Messages for BAPIs are often set to the components BC-MID-API or CA-BFA-AAP even though they belong to other components. The messages must then be forwarded, which causes unnecessary delays in message processing. The component CA-BFA-AAP should no longer be used.
The following section specifies which messages belong to the component BC-MID-API and which don'not. In addition, this SAP Note contains information about which component should be used instead for the relevant messages.
The components are correct for:
1. BAPI tools
Messages concerning the following BAPI tools belong to BC-MID-API:
- BAPI Explorer
- Modules BAPI_HELPVALUES_GET*
- Modules BAPI_CURRENCY_CONV_TO_*
- Modules BALW_BAPIRETURN_GET*
They are generic (!) auxiliary modules and programs that make it easier to create and use BAPIs and that are assigned to the component BC-MID-API.
2. General queries concerning BAPIs
If you have general queries about BAPIs that do not concern specific application BAPIs or problems with the BAPI documentation (BAPI Programming guide, BAPI user guide), select the component BC-MID-API.
The component is not correct for:
1. Specific application BAPIs
If the message refers to a specific BAPI, select the component the BAPI belongs to from a content point of view (for example, SD-SLS for the BAPI SalesOrder.GetList). To determine the correct component for the BAPI, proceed as follows:
- In the tree of the BAPI Explorer (transaction BAPI), select the business object (for example, SalesOrder) the BAPI belongs to. You can find the information on the "Details" tab page in the "Component" field.
- If you only know the function module (for example, BAPI_SALESORDER_GETLIST), go to the function library (transaction SE37) on the "Attributes" tab page to find the relevant package (up to Release 4.6C: development class). When you double-click here, you will find, among other information, the application component the package belongs to.
2. External platforms and connectors:
If the message refers to one of the SAP connectors that you use to access BAPIs via external platforms, the message belongs to one of the connector-specific components BC-MID-CON-* or BC-MID-BUS.
If the message refers to a SAP connector and a specific BAPI, you should decide whether the problem is more a problem of the specific BAPI or whether it is a connector transfer problem; then choose the component accordingly.
3. Business Object Builder (BOB) / Business Object Repository (BOR):
The actual BAPI development occurs in the BO Builder (BOB) or in the BO Repository (BOR). If there are messages about the development process that refer to one of the transactions SWO1, SWO2 or SWO3, BC-DWB-TOO-BOB is the correct component.