Part 1: General information
- SAP Project and Portfolio Management in context:
cProjects suite is a Web-based, flexible, easy-to-use project management application that is specifically designed for development, consulting, or IT projects. In cProjects, you can also map improvement projects, for example, in accordance with Six Sigma. An important advantage is that cProjects is integrated in SAP Accounting, Human Resources, Customer Relationship Management, Supplier Relationship Management and order processing. In addition, you can link your project structures in cProjects with existing structures in the Project System (PS). This means that from the outset, you can plan your costs better, control your expenses, avoid resource bottlenecks and analyze and settle projects more accurately. Important: cProjects compliments rather than replaces PS. cProjects provides enhanced functions for project types and business scenarios that require an easy-to-use and flexible project management tool.
- cProject Suite 4.50 and xRPM 4.50 (ABAP) are in the same software component CPRXRPM 450_700. For xRPM 4.50, you must additionally install component CPRXRPM_UI 450_700 (Java) from SAP Service Marketplace (This is not necessary, when you only use cProjects 4.5). For using cProjects 4.5 in the SAP Enterprise Portal, you must install the "Business Package for Project Portfolio Management and Design Collaboration" (BP for PPMDC) 4.5.
- System requirements and installation options:
For the system requirements, see the Master Guide for "Project and Portfolio Management".
Installation options: cProjects 4.5 is for installation only on CRM 5.0, ECC 6.0 or on SAP NetWeaver 7.0. Some of the functions in the area of object links require at least PI 2004.1 Support Package 10. For some object links which are new in cProjects 4.5, ERP 2005 EhP3/4 is required:
- EhP3: Master inspection characteristics in the QM system
- EhP3: Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA)
- EhP3: Control Plan in SAP ERP
- EhP4: iPPE
During the installation use transaction SICF to activate ICF nodes when importing Support Packages. For the cProject specific ICF nodes, and, in general, for configuration issues, see the Configuration Guide content in Solution Manager.
Approval documents, project status reports only run using SAP Interactive Forms by Adobe. Approval documents, project status reports, print forms in cProjects 4.5 require Adobe document services (ADS). You must install ADS on the Java Stack of NetWeaver 7.0. You do not have to install the ADS on the same server as cProjects. You can install it on a different server. After an upgrade from an earlier cProjects, you can still use existing Smart Forms for printing.
The cProject Suite is contained in the licenses for SAP PLM, SAP ERP and SAP Business Suite. For further information, contact your sales personnel.
cProjects 4.5 ramp-up start is mid of December, 2007, and is currently scheduled to end in June, 2008.
- Support Packages:
Get information about cProjects 4.5 (CPRXRPM 450_700) Support Packages.
- User Interface Technology:
The user interface technology of cProjects 4.0 was changed to Web Dynpro for ABAP (except for control plans and evaluations). Most of the existing BSP coding was moved to the development class PPM_OBSOLETE. With cProjects 4.5, the development class PPM_OBSOLETE including all existing objects and sub packages was deleted. Moreover, nearly all of the remaining BSP pages of 4.0 were replaced by corresponding Web Dynpro pages in 4.5. If you are upgrading from an earlier to cProjects 4.5, all existing BSP elements will be deleted automatically. Customer modifications and enhancements in BSP elements must be converted to Web Dynpro manually. An automatic or semi-automatic migration of BSP pages to Web Dynpro pages is not possible. Depending on what modifications and enhancements are made in the BSP elements, it may be helpful to carry out the conversion in a separate system (a copy of the development system).
- Customer-specific Fields:
Customer-specific fields on BSP pages in cProjects 3.10 or 4.0 cannot be migrated automatically to the new Web Dynpro ABAP user interface in 4.5. You will therefore you have to re-create these fields after the upgrade. Customer-specific fields on Web Dynpro ABAP pages in cProjects 4.0 can be migrated automatically to the user interface in 4.5.
Get a collection of performance relevant.
- Restriction List:
There is a list of product restrictions concerning cProjects 4.0 and 4.5.
- Get a access to cProjects 4.00 FAQs to solve any query related to it.
Part 2: Functional innovations and special features
- This section lists some of the functional highlights. An extensive list of functional innovations with can be found. In addition please find some general functional remarks at the end of this section.
- Multi-Project Management: The new Multi-Project Monitor supports effective management of project dependencies by viewing multiple projects and their dependencies in a single graphic.
- Usability: Based on cProjects 4.0 and cProjects 3.1 customer feedback the usability has been improved throughout the application.
- Six Sigma Support: cProjects 4.5 provides out-of-the-box support for Six Sigma improvement projects. This inculdes predefined project and role customizing and a new framework to manage project metrics which can even be extended beyond the Six Sigma Context. If you are interested in Six Sigma we recommend to also consider the SAP Quality Management solution.
- Resource Management: New resource charts allow to better assess and improve the stability of the current resource plan by providing a graphical overview of resource demands, availabilities, and staffings. Furthermore re-scheduling resources is now better supported by allowing the resource plan to be updated based on the project task schedule. Resource-based cost estimates are now more accurate as the staffing distribution is now taken into account for project costing with SAP ERP Easy Cost Planning. Employees can now search for vacant project positions.
- Portfolio Integration: Customers that use both, cProjects 4.5 and xRPM 4.5, benefit from a substantially improved integration between projects and the portfolio. This includes synchronizing timelines and other data, project resource staffing at the portfolio level, and displaying portfolio data at the project level.
- CATS Integration:With cProjects 4.5 and ERP 6.0 Enhancement Package 3 the effectiveness of progress confirmation is improved. Project members can now confirm not only time but also progress directly from CATS. This accelerates progress confirmation for occassional users who now have the option to use CATS as a one-stop-interface for confirmation.
- Offline Integration: The field mapping between cProjects 4.5 and Microsoft Project (TM) has been improved. Thus project plans are transferred more accuratly between cProjects and Microsoft Project (TM). Please be aware that an exact transfer is not possible in all cases because of the different designs of the two applications.
- Resource Management Scenarios: With cProjects 4.5 the same resource management scenarios are supported as for cProjects 4.0 that is, (1) cProjects standalone if no cross-project resource view is required, (2) cProjects with SAP xRPM (SAP xApp for Resource and Portfolio Management) for capacity based cross project resource management and (3) cProjects with the RPA (Resource Planning Application) for hourly cross-project scheduling and groupware integration. Whenever cross-project scheduling without hourly scheduling or groupware integration is sufficient (typically applies to most customers) the xRPM scenario is recommended. If you want to use the RPA scenario please consult the Professional Service industry solution for details.
- cProjects 4.5 uses the same platform and technology as cProjects 4.0 to minimize upgrade efforts for cProjects 4.0 customers.
- All new functionality has been tested and validated with customers and partners during development.
Part 3: Technical tips
- Personalization of user interface elements:
You can personalize user interface elements (for example, tables) in Web Dynpro ABAP by placing your cursor over the relevant element (for example, by clicking a table line) and then by choosing the secondary mouse button.
Creating your own logoff page for cProjects:
- A logoff page is not delivered with cProjects 4.5. However, you can create your own logoff page.
- cProjects 4.5: Microsoft Internet Explorer version 6.0 SP02 and version 7.0 .
Otherwise, problems may occur when you import/export (XML, MS Project) or when you use SAP Interactive Forms by Adobe. Also the ABAP Web Dynpro GANTT control is currently not supported for other Browsers. For Internet Explorer, we recommend that you make the following settings under 'Internet Options':
- Deactivate 'Script Debugging'.
- Deactivate 'Display Script Errors'.
- Add your local subnet to the 'Local intranet' security zone (for example, *.my_company.com)
- When you use cProjects 4.5 in the SAP Enterprise Portal, the same protocol must be used to access the portal as is used for accessing the portal in the cProjects back-end system, that is, either HTTP for both of or HTTPS for both. If they are not the same, you may not be able to call the Gantt chart and pop-up.
- Collect information about important SAP regarding transaction (SAP Assistant).
- BAdIs / Enhancement Spots:
Get a list of the cProjects 4.5 BAdIs / Enhancement Spots including methods and parameters.
Part 4: Additional information
(available at start of Ramp-Up)
- Product Availability Matrix:
-> SAP Application Components
-> SAP cProject Suite
- SAP online help:
-> SAP Business Suite
-> SAP Project and Portfolio Mgmt. 4.5
-> Collaboration Projects
- cProjects 4.5:
-> SAP Solutions
-> SAP Product Lifecycle Management (SAP PLM)
-> SAP Collaboration Projects 4.5
- Master Guide, Master Upgrade Guideand Security Guide:
-> using cProjects Suite 4.5
- Installation Guide:
-> cProjects Suite 4.50
- Configuration descriptions are delivered only by SAP Solution Manager. This is mandatory for each new installation. The following processes contain the cProjects information:
- Project planning with cProjects
- Time and resource management with cProjects
- Project execution with cProjects
- Project accounting with cProject
Get information about the cProjects configuration guide.
- Solution Operation Guide:
-> SAP Business Suite Applications
-> SAP PLM
-> Using cProjects Suite 4.5
- Sizing Guide:
-> Sizing Guidelines
-> Solutions & Platform
-> Sizing cProjects
- Ramp-up Knowledge Transfer (RKT) - Learning Map
-> Project Portfolio Management 4.5
- Presentations on SAP Service Marketplace:
- Brochure "Strategic and operative project and portfolio management with SAP".
- Business Package for Project Portfolio Management and Design Collaboration (BP for PPMDC) 4.5:
-> SAP Business Suite
-> SAP Project and Portfolio Mgmt. 4.5
-> Business Package for PPMDC 4.5
Read Here at SAP BASIS Forum to Get Answers for Queries Related to the Aforementioned Description.