The posting run ensures that payroll results for an employee are only posted once.The values of the wage types used in posting are selected from the payroll results for all specified employees for the specified period, summarized and written to the assigned account in posting documents. If the posting run is successful, it gets the status “Documents Created”. If the posting run is unsuccessful, it gets the status “Incorrect Documents”. Relevant error messages will appear in the Output Log. The payroll run must have been completed successfully for the personnel numbers you want to post and payroll accounting must be completed for the payroll area.
Step1: Create a Posting Run
On the payroll screen, choose Subs.Activities Per Payroll Period ->Reporting ->Posting to Accounting -> Execute Run.
The Execute Posting Run for Posting to Accounting screen is displayed.
Enter Payroll Period ->Selection Criteria ->Type of Document Creation ->Check Ouput Log ->Enter Document Date and Choose a Posting Variant. Click Execute.
In the Payroll Period group box, enter the Payroll Area if required. You need only specify a period if you do not want to specify the current period.
In the Selection Criteria group box, enter the payroll area(s). If you want to post individual personnel numbers, enter a value in the Personnel Number field instead.
If required, set the following parameters in the Run Attributes group box:
– Since Special Runs are not available in every country version, this field may not be displayed. If it is displayed, enter the payroll type in the first field, the payroll identifier in the second field, and the date for the bonus run in the third field.
– If there are no payroll results for certain personnel numbers, you can simulate payroll and then use the simulated payroll results to simulate a posting run .
- The log shows whether the posting run was successful for all personnel numbers.
- You will obtain the list of all employees selected, in “RED” (indicates errors or imbalance) or “GREEN” (indicates no errors).
- In the Output Log, if it is successful posting run, the “Doc. Creation” will indicate Error-Free. If it is unsuccessful, the “Doc. Creation” will indicate Incorrect.
- Write down the posting run number.
- If you select the Document Overview button or double click the Doc. creation line, you can access the document overview screen
Step2: Editing a Posting Run
This step provides an overview of ALL documents created during the posting run.
Transaction : PCP0
Alternatively, you can also access the document overview from the Create Posting Run log by choosing the Document Overview button or by double clicking on the Document Creation line.You can drill-down through these documents to identify the reasons for which errors have occurred for unsuccessful posting run (i.e., with an “Incorrect” status).
Posting Run Status
- Initially the posting run status should be Documents created.
- If status is No documents created and you were expecting documents, go back to the previous Create a Posting Run step and retry.
- If there are Incorrect documents review the error message and resolve.
- Once Error are resolved and status is Document Created , Select Release Document Button and status will change to All Document Released
- Next click Post documents button , Status will change to Documents Posted
If the procedures has been successful, the system performs the following activities:
- A posting run with a unique number is created.
- The following results are determined by your entry in the Document Creation field:
- All processed payroll results are flagged.
- An index of all process payroll results is created. This can be used to recreate the accounts at any time.- Posting documents are created and saved in the database.
- An index is created containing all processed payroll results. This helps the user to recreate the accounts.
- Simulation documents are created and saved in the database. These documents cannot be posted.
If an error has occurred:
If an error has occurred in single personnel numbers, a short log is displayed.
After removing the error, you can repeat a simulation run at any time.
If the live posting run is incorrect, perform the following steps after removing the cause of the error:
- Delete the posting run
- Create a new posting run