Sometimes cpu/memory consumption will be high, at that time SAP generate runtime dump for SAP HANA for this you must have to do following steps:
- First of all you have to login to the Linux HANA host as sidadm user.
- Then you have rum the command ‘hdbcons’
- After the execution of the above command you have to run the below command:
>runtime dump dump.
- This will further help you to generate a file with in the directory which is known to be ‘index server rtedymp trc’.
- Now you have to attach the produced trace file to the OSS message or can also run the below command:
hdbcons "runtimedump dump -f /test/rte_dump.txt".
Now you will have to learn hdbcons’
IF you want to get the information about the memory that is originally used, the peak memory or the amount of the several allocators you would have to use a tool that is known as hdbcons.
SAP HANA Development Provision needs information about a supposed memory concern. Next you would have to connect it with your HANA database as user sidadm. Please make sure that it will need a huge amount of memory. for this you do the following steps:
You would have to start the tracing before running the effective query like below:
hdbcons 'mm flag / -rs as'
Run the query.
Stop the tracing:
You will get the output
hdbcons 'mm call graph -r -o /'.
Hope this article might help you to sort out the above issue.