Extensive inforamtion for special user SAP*:
SAP* is a "hard-coded" user that does not have a user master record in the delivery system, is not subject to any authorization checks (and therefore has all authorizations), and has an unchangable password.
SAP* is not treated like a "normal" user until a user master record is created for it. As long as the user master record exists, SAP* is subject to authorization checks and can be assigned a different password.
Because SAP* is a known user with a known password, you should create a user master record for SAP* before your system goes live, and replace that user by another, secret "super user".
SAP* should not have any authorizations (empty profile list)
SAP* should be assigned a new password
SAP* should be assigned to user group SUPER.
then deactivation of the "automatic SAP*", is executed
The group assignment prevents the SAP* user master record from being deleted so easily, provided the other SAP recommendations regarding user maintenance and authorization maintenance and the pre-defined S_USER* profiles are used for user and authorization maintenance.
As an additional security measure you can lock user SAP* by the administrator.
Note that user SAP*, just like any other R/3 user, is client dependent.
This means that you have to perform the specified security measures in every client.
- Brief Description About SAP Basis Implementation
- SAP BASIS & Security Concepts
- BASIS Role in SAP?
- Description of the profile parameters rdisp/keepalive and rdisp/gui_auto_logout is unclear
- Missing authorization check in SAP BASIS
- SAP BASIS Module Course, Career and Certified consultant
- Configuring Outgoing Email in SAP Basis Services
- SAP BASIS Important Topics
- Job Profile & Salary Package for BASIS Consultant
- Difference Between Power user, Core User, End User, Super user
- Tcodes are not running in super user
- How to copy user/users from one client to another client? Should i login to system as a super user sap*?
- How to get list of materials with full description. ?
- Material description MATXT comes from where?
- Getting description of RFC method arguments
- how to create Role for BASIS Administrator and Junior SAP Basis user
- SAP BC Audit trial of users
- How to install SAP BASIS on Laptop.
- Important Basis Interview Question And Answer.