Extensive inforamtion for special user SAP*:
SAP* is a "hard-coded" user that does not have a user master record in the delivery system, is not subject to any authorization checks (and therefore has all authorizations), and has an unchangable password.
SAP* is not treated like a "normal" user until a user master record is created for it. As long as the user master record exists, SAP* is subject to authorization checks and can be assigned a different password.
Because SAP* is a known user with a known password, you should create a user master record for SAP* before your system goes live, and replace that user by another, secret "super user".
SAP* should not have any authorizations (empty profile list)
SAP* should be assigned a new password
SAP* should be assigned to user group SUPER.
then deactivation of the "automatic SAP*", is executed
The group assignment prevents the SAP* user master record from being deleted so easily, provided the other SAP recommendations regarding user maintenance and authorization maintenance and the pre-defined S_USER* profiles are used for user and authorization maintenance.
As an additional security measure you can lock user SAP* by the administrator.
Note that user SAP*, just like any other R/3 user, is client dependent.
This means that you have to perform the specified security measures in every client.
- Brief Description About SAP Basis Implementation
- What is BASIS ?
- Get a Brief Description about SAP OSS
- SAP Basis Question and Answer
- What is SAP BASIS
- Empty description file (print list archiving)
- SAP Basis Tips
- What is SAP BASIS and role in SAP?
- How do I split Basis authorization responsibilities? in sap
- Difference Between Power user, Core User, End User, Super user
- Tcodes are not running in super user
- How to copy user/users from one client to another client? Should i login to system as a super user sap*?
- How to get list of materials with full description. ?
- Material description MATXT comes from where?
- business area description change
- Getting description of RFC method arguments
- how to create Role for BASIS Administrator and Junior SAP Basis user
- List of SAP Tables and Description of the Tables
- What is SAP BASIS ?
- Basis (BC)
- SAP Basis and Sucurity Administration
- SAP R/3 BASIS - An Introduction
- SAP Basis Training
- Golive Pre and Post BASIS Activities
- SCM Text Description SCM-083
- SAP Basis Made Easy - isnvarma
- SAP Basis Installation on Windows NT: MS SQL Server
- SAP Basis Installation on Windows NT: Oracle Database
- Users and Authorizations
Opening for Sr. SAP Basis Consultant @ Bangalore (Immediate
Exp :6 - 15 years | City : Bangalore
SAP with Portuguese & English Langauge Support | 3 - 6 Years
Exp :3 - 6 years | City : Hyderabad
SAP Basis Consultant | 3 - 8 yrs | Mumbai | Dynamix Balwa Gr
Exp :3 - 8 years | City : Mumbai
SAP Basis Consultant | 6 - 11 yrs | Pune | Xoriant Solutions
Exp :6 - 11 years | City : Pune
SAP Basis Consultant | 3 - 5 Years | Pune | TATA TECHNOLOGIE
Exp :3 - 5 years | City : Pune
SAP FICO / SAP HCM/ SAP SD | 5 - 7 Years | Chennai | Hinduja
Exp :5 - 7 years | City : Chennai
SAP Basis | 2 - 7 yrs | Coimbatore , Chennai | Trigent Softw
Exp :2 - 7 years | City : Chennai
SAP Development Basis & Solution Manager | 12 - 14 Years | B
Exp :12 - 14 years | City : Bangalore
SAP Basis HANA & OSDB Migration Engineer | 5 - 10 yrs | Bang
Exp :5 - 10 years | City : Bangalore
SAP Basis Sr. Consultant | 6 - 9 yrs | Hyderabad / Secundera
Exp :6 - 9 years | City : Hyderabad