"An error occurred while communicating with the BI server" for a specific user
I was executing a query based on a multiprovider which was running properly earlier. I changed the multiprovider to replace a DSO and then again tried to execute it. But it gave me error. Then I opened it in Query Designer and checked it. It was still giving error. Then I tried it in RSRV.
It was giving following warnings in yellow indicator
Cache not used by the query
Cache update: The query does not use the delta procedure
Query can use aggregate: No
and following error with red indicator
Query is inactive
I opened the Multiprovider in BEx it worked. So I opened the query. Then it gave some RFC error first. And now ... it is giving me error "An error occurred while communicating with the BI server".
Now the weird thing is it is not allowing me to execute any query through BEx or RSRT. But my other team members can login and execute the query.
Now I am worried if I execute the same query based on the multiprovider with their login it may also give the same error.