I am facing an issue, please help.
After upgrading kernel from 700 to 720, SAP server can't be started. The Server instance also disappeared from mmc, which means the service couldn't automatically start.
- OS: Windows server 2008 R2.
- DB: MSSQL 2008 R2.
- SAP ERP 6.0 R3
- Server ID: PBD
- Server Instance: 00
I have done researching this issue over SCN, but the issue is still remain. I have tried following solution:
- Restart the server at OS level, didn't solve.
- Restore kernel 700, didn't solve.
- Start service manual by sapstartsrv with PBD (my server ID), server instance number 00... but I get the error message "OpenSCManager failed: 5".
- I've tried start service manual from services.msc and recieved error message 1503.
- Restart SAPOscol service, didn't solve.
* Every thing above was performed with pbdadm user.
- Reinstalling central instance would be my final choice, but I'll still need to upgrade the kernel, therefore this won't help at all.
Any idea would be very appreciated.