FAQ: DB2/UDB FixPaks
1. Which DB2/UDB V7 FixPaks are supported by SAP? How can I determine the currently installed FixPak?
The supported FixPaks are listed in note 101809 for SAP systems with DB2/UDB V7 EE and in note 200225 for SAP systems with DB2/UDB V7 EEE.
You can determine the currently installed FixPak by comparing the return value of the 'db2level' command with the information in note 101809 or note 200225.
2. Do I have to check which Basis Support Packages are installed on the main menu level when installing a FixPak?
No, there are no dependencies between DB2/UDB FixPaks and SAP Basis Support Packages.
3. How do I install DB2/UDB V7 FixPaks? Are there guidelines?
Refer to note 405968 for the WinNT/Win2000 operation systems and to note 405961 for UNIX operating systems.
4. Can I install the DB2/UDB V7 FixPaks that are available for downloading on the IBM homepage?
No, you should always order FixPaks with SAP. Exceptions are listed in notes 101809 or 200225.
5. How can I order DB2/UDB V7 FixPaks with SAP?
Open a message on the SAP Service Marketplace or the SAPNET R/3 front end for the XX-SER-SWFL-SHIP component and request the relevant RDBMS CD.
6. IBM has released a new DB2/UDB V7 FixPak. Is it also released for SAP?
Check notes 101809 or 200225. Once the FixPak is released by SAP, it is listed in these notes.
7. We have currently installed DB2/UDB V7 FixPak 2 and want to install the latest FixPak. FixPak 3b, however, is no longer delivered by SAP. How do we proceed?
For this specific case, proceed as follows:
a) Download FixPak 3 (the 64-bit version) from the IBM homepage.
b) Order the latest FixPak, as described above.
c) Install FixPak 3 and then, directly afterwards, the latest FixPak. FixPak 3 is only an intermediate step in the upgrade to the latest FixPak.
8. I have downloaded FixPak 3 for DB2/UDB V7 32-bit from the IBM homepage. The installation does not work properly. What can I do?
Download the 64-bit version of FixPak 3 for DB2/UDB V7 from the IBM homepage. You should then be able to install FixPak 3 without problems.
SAP delivers the 64-bit versions of DB2/UDB FixPaks. They include both the 32-bit and the 64-bit versions.
9. My current DB2/UDB V7 FixPak version is 3b. Can I install the current FixPak directly?
Yes, DB2/UDB V7.2 is already installed with FixPak 3b. However, if your FixPak version is earlier than 3b, you must install FixPak 3 first and then the latest FixPak.