FAQ: Document Relationship Browser
1. What is the DRB designed to do?
Using the DRB, you can display linked objects or documents.
Generally, these are documents resulting from a common business transaction or belonging to a common process. The DRB groups the documents together across applications.
Typical accounting and logistics documents are included in the DRB. As of SAP Web Application Server Release 6.20, workflow logs and Idocs are also displayed in the DRB. All objects are connected to the DRB so as to allow access to archived data.
2. Where can I find documentation for the DRB?
- As of SAP Web Application Server Release 6.20, you will find documentation on the DRB in the SAP library under mySAP Technology components-> SAP Web Application Server-> Basis services/Communication interface (BC-SRV)-> Business Workplace and Services (BC-SRV-OFC)-> Document Relationship Browser.
- As of SAP R/3 Enterprise (Core Release 4.70), you will find application-specific documentation on the DRB in the SAP library under SAP R/3 Enterprise Application components -> Scenarios in the application -> Document Relationship Browser (DRB).
- For releases up to 4.6C, the documentation for the DRB is available in the Dokumentation_de.zip and Documentation_en.zip files attached to this note.
3. For which releases is the DRB available?
The DRB is available as of Release 3.1I. The DRB is part of the standard system as of Release 4.6C. For Releases 3.1I to 4.6B, you can import the DRB in advance as described in note 217404.