Is it possible to add items from punchout catalogs,free description items or from templates or old shopping carts?
- No. You can add items only by using the cross catalog feature of SRM UI Add-on 1.0.
Is it possible to add attachments to items?
- No. You cannot add attachments to items.
Is it possible to have split account assignments for an item ?
- No. Each item can have only one account assignment; All the items in a shopping cart will also have the same account assignment.
What are the possible account assignment categories?
- The possible account assignment categories are Cost Center and Internal Order. Custom Account Assignment Categories are not supported.
Is it possible to add Adhoc- approvers or reviewers or change the system proposed approvers?
- No. You cannot change any of these.
What are the possible notes that a I can create?
- You can post a note to the "Approver".
To which items is the delivery address applicable for?
- Delivery address is applicable to the entire cart and therefore all the items in a cart. It is not possible to define different delivery addressess for each item.
Can I define a source of supply for each item?
- No. You cannot define sources of supply using this app
Can I do a wild card search while searching for items?
- Search results display items matching the term entered in the search bar. Wild cards are not supported.
Can I maintain quantities with decimals?
- Quantities can only be whole numbers.
How many results are displayed for a search term?
- For a given search term, a maximum number of 20 results that match the search criteria are displayed. If you refine the search term further, the most probable products matching the search criteria appear.
Can I save the shopping cart data without ordering? If so, how can I access the saved data?
- The items added to a shopping cart persist even after a user closes the session without ordering the shopping cart. You can retrieve such a shopping cart by searching for the contained products and viewing the details of a product. If the product details appear on the right side of the screen, then the shopping cart containing the product appears as a button on the top right corner of the screen.
After a shopping cart is ordered, the user is taken to the search screen. Here if a user tries to add an item to a shopping cart from the existing search results or without clearing the search results or without restarting the app, a "HTTP request failed" error appears.
- This is due to the SAP UI5 version and has been fixed in SAP UI5 versions 1.18.6 and 1.19.1. An upgrade to any of these versions will solve the issue.