FAGL_ACTIVATE_OP is ideally the T-code which is used for converting G/L account to open item managed account ( As a prerequisite. For using this functionality, the account must be line item managed).
As per the individual user requirements, the user can select between ordinary open item management and open item management for clearing specific to the ledger groups.
The functionality has been explained in detail below, of the T-code with regards to "Open item management" activation with an example:
Assumption: Only one ledger is involved i.e ledger 0L.
Assuming that the account balance is equal to 1000 EUR and 1000 EUR has been distributed across the profit centre and segment as mentioned below for ledger 0L.
- Profit center P1 and Segment S1 : 400 EUR
- Profit center P2 and Segment S2 : 600 EUR
The following steps are performed for converting the account to "Open item management".
1. Few of the elementary level validations are done before process of activation is initiated.
2. 1000 EUR is written off from the original account to the account listed in the selection field under "Account for Transfer Posting" when a FI document is posted
This is referred to as "Transfer posting" document as the name suggests, the amount is transferred from the original account to the account listed.
This document is also known as the clearing document as it clears all those documents which have been posted prior to the date of activation.
Once this transfer posting is done, the other type of transfer postings are all conducted on the original G/L account for making the balance zero as per the account assignment.
3. A document is posted in ledger 0L with 400 EUR credit for profit center P1 and segment S1 and 400 EUR debit also for profit center and the segment as listed on the selection screen.
4. Additionally, a document is posted in ledger 0L with 600 EUR credit for profit center P2 and segment S2 and 600 EUR debit for profit center and segment as listed on the selection screen.
The above postings are all specific to ledger group 0L.
Per the account assignment, the balance on the account is zero.
5. Account has now been blocked for posting and this is done to ensure that no postings take place while the process of activation is on.
6. The Open item management is activated.
7. As listed in point 2, the "Transfer posting" document will clear all those relevant documents which have a posting date prior to date of activation.
A new single line Will be reposted back to the original account, in case the checkbox "Perform Reposting" is on, therefore helps in maintaining the account balance as 1000 EUR as it was prior to the activation.
6. Along with the account assignment which is entered in the selection screen under "Account assignments, "The 1000 EUR is reposted (is visible as an open item) to the original account.
At present, for the account there is only one single open item. If you don’t repost, then this open item will not be created.
7. All the closing checks are conducted.
Post this, the account will now be considered an open item managed account and all the documents posted with a posting date greater than the switch date will be suitable for clearing .
There a few repercussions of not utilizing the T-code for converting the account to OIM, are listed below:
Clearing is impossible for these documents, because if you have a company code for which document splitting is active then the appropriate tables of splitting ( FAGL_SPLINFO and FAGL_SPLINFO_VAL ) will not have the information for the historic documents.
You need not worry for these as all, as on using this T-code, the prior document is hard cleaned.
It is always recommended to utilize this T code for ECC 6 EHP3 pack level and above along with converting the account to OIM. The usage of any other means for converting the account to OIM comes under the umbrella of the remote consulting service of SAP.