Based on the sizing you need to run a distributed SAP HANA DB. To get the best performance for SAP BW running on a distributed SAP HANA, SAP has determined a good distribution of the data needed by SAP BW
To get best performance for SAP BW running on SAP HANA, it is strongly recommended that you use at least three nodes for your SAP HANA DB.
If you run SAP BW on SAP HANA you store different kind of data in the DB (like tables used by the SAP Netweaver Stack, statistics, Master Data tables, fact tables etc.). Various tests have shown, that it is of great advantage to distribute the DB tables in a way, that the different work loads (load from NW stack, writing statistics, doing analytics) do not compete in parallel for the same hardware resources. Therefore it is strongly recommended to have a minimum of three servers in the distributed SAP HANA DB. In that case you can have a dedicated server (called "master"), which handles the work load of the Netweaver Stack, the statistics and the tables located in the row store. The other servers (called "slaves") will be used to cope with the work load of all the transactional data and the master data. If you use at least three servers, the initial distribution of the tables will ensure that only transactional data and master data will be placed on the slave hosts.
Having at least two slave servers allows SAP HANA to partition the transactional data and distribute the master data, which improves the loading times and allows better reporting performance.
In case your current sizing would result in only two servers, but you expect to grow to three servers, then starting with three servers instead of two servers avoids efforts for re-splitting and re-distibuting existing tables, when you add the third host.
Note: Independend of the work load distribution, it is recommended to use an additional server as "stand by server" to be used in a failover scenario.
- HANA: Potential failure of connections with scale out nodes
- Recovery Failed ON a Scale-Out HANA System
- Configure Optimal Settings on SLES 11 SP2/SAP SP2 for running HANA
- SAP HANA Important Hints
- Multiple SAP HANA Databases on a Single SAP HANA Appliance
- Indexserver of the SAP HANA DB crash due to MIN/MAX funct. on string keyfigure
- How to convert DataStore objects with large data volume in HANA DB.
- Basics of SAP HANA
- What is SAP HANA Database?
- What does SAP HANA Scale-Out mean?
- Can I use report RSDU_TABLE_CONSISTENCY for BW on non-HANA DB?
- Upgradation of ABAP application server on SAP HANA DB
- How could we check if the BW tables are consistent on HANA DB?
- CPU consumption of SAP HANA hosts optimization
- Can I install the SCM optimizer on my Hana server?
- SAP services available for analyzing and optimizing the performance of SAP HANA
- Parameters of HANA Indexserver are not set optimally.
- Sap Hana db import and export
- SAP HANA Scalo-Out Mean.
- In-memory Computing with SAP HANA on IBM eX5 Systems
- Business Objects and HANA Overview
- HANA Pocketbook for Developers - DRAFT
- An Introduction to SAP HANA PDF Book
- SAP Business Suite Powered by SAP HANA
- SAP HANA One Security Guide
- SAP HANA Update and Configuration Guide
- Mastering SAP HANA with SAP Solution Manager
- SAP HANA â High Availability
- SAP HANA for Next Generation Business Applications and Real Time Analytics
ABAP HANA Consultant Job | 5 - 8 yrs | Bengaluru | SAP India
Exp :3 - 5 years | City : Bangalore
Opening for Sr. SAP Basis Consultant @ Bangalore (Immediate
Exp :6 - 15 years | City : Bangalore
SAP Hana Cloud Integeration | 6 - 9 Years | Pune | Atos
Exp :6 - 9 years | City : Pune
SAP HANA (FOR BI) (SOLUTION ARCHITECT) | 11 - 13 Years | Ban
Exp :11 - 13 years | City : Bangalore
SAP BW HANA | 8 - 10 Years | Hyderabad / Secunderabad | Tech
Exp :8 - 10 years | City : Hyderabad
SAP Basis Consultant | 6 - 11 yrs | Pune | Xoriant Solutions
Exp :6 - 11 years | City : Pune
SAP FICO / SAP HCM/ SAP SD | 5 - 7 Years | Chennai | Hinduja
Exp :5 - 7 years | City : Chennai
SAP BI Consultant | 5 - 9 Years | Hyderabad / Secunderabad |
Exp :5 - 9 years | City : Hyderabad
SAP ABAP HANA | 5 - 9 yrs | Ahmedabad , Mumbai | Shreyas Int
Exp :5 - 9 years | City : Ahmedabad
Sr. SAP ABAP FI Developer | 8 - 13 yrs | Hyderabad / Secunde
Exp :8 - 13 years | City : Hyderabad