SAP HANA Statistics Server - Out of Memory error
Please do as folllowing:
1) Using the SYSTEM user in the SQL console of SAP HANA Studio kindly create the set_retention_days (number) procedure.
The procedure parameter is the retention period of the statistics server data. If the specified number of days is greater than the value defined in the DEFAULT configuration layer, the default is used.
Then run the procedure with a suitable retention period, such as:
- call set_retention_days(10);
2) You must check whether the statistics server deletes the old data or not.
you can use the following query template to check:
- select min (snapshot_id ) from _SYS_STATISTICS.
Kindly check all the metrics tables in the schema _SYS_STATISTICS.
Metrics tables are tables whose name starts with GLOBAL or HOST.
The metrics tables could not contain any data that is older than 30 days.
3) You must Increase the memory limit of the statistics server.
Kindly enter the following command with an appropriate value, using the SYSTEM user in the SQL console of SAP HANA Studio to increase the memory limit of the statistics server.
For example: alter system alter configuration ('statisticsserver.ini','SYSTEM') set ('memorymanager','allocationlimit')='25%';
The value 25% must be adapted accordingly to the system requirements.
4) In Support Package 7 and later, you can migrate the statistics server (SAP 1917938 and 1925684). After the migration, a separate statistics server process no longer exists.