How to implement Support Packages/ADDONs/PLUGINs
Attention: Customer has to define within the ticket all stack dependencies corresponding the implementation of the requested Support Packages/ADDONs/PLUGINs.
Support Packages (requested by CSN):
- Customer requests SP Installation via CSN (DEV-PSS, DEV-PSS-INT)
IT PSS DEV will move suitable tickets to corresponding TCS components
- Check, if the requestor is equal to the system owner (regarding to R3SYS system owner or SISM: overall person in charge (could also be a SAPNet distribution list)).
- True: go ahead
- False: Get approval of system owner or somebody of the distribution list within the corresponding CSN ticket by setting the ticket to “Author action” (the author have to take care getting the approval of system owner).
- Check, if a timeframe for import is mentioned by the system owner or author within the ticket. If not, set ticket to “Author action” asking for a timeframe.
- Logon to the system (client 000 and user tcsdev) and call transaction spam and check SP level and SPAM/SAINT version. (information is needed for download of the necessary SP’s). For requested NW Stack updates, please check SAP Service Marketplace -> Operations -> Cross-NW-> SP Stack Information/SP Stack Download) for updated versions of the Support Package Stack Guide.
- Check, if all necessary packages are available. If the package is not already released due to the schedule, insert the link to SAPNet and set ticket back to author action, so that he can reopen the ticket, when the package is released and available.
- Check if RFC Destination is configured properly (sm59 à Destination should be CSS à servprod.wdf.sap.corp should be the server) e.g. in a system with release 700 sm59 has following style (please also have a look into CSS note 182308 for logon data):
- Goto: Environment -> EPS, copy client address and uncheck “Transmission Monitor”
- Goto CSN à Transaction SSDA à Enter Package Name(s) or browse package list for identifying support packages if package name is unknown.
- Mark the necessary Packages and download the Packages
- Importing the latest Transaction SPAM/SAINT update.
Make sure you have imported the latest SPAM/SAINT Version in your system. If there is a newer version in CSN, import the latest (no approval from the system owner is needed): Goto CSN à Transaction SSDA à Browse ‘package list’ for identifying necessary spam version. Input values for selection screen:
Software Component: SAP_OCS
Run the selection and you will find a view of all available releases and respective latest spam versions.
- Update the executables R3trans and tp if it is requested within the ticket. See note 19466 how to update R3trans and tp.
- Display/Define Package queue.
Attention: To avoid known problems read the corresponding note (e.g. some sp combinations shouldn’t be imported in one queue …), see below for releases up to 6.40 or the note in the popup after starting the import.
97630 OCS: Familiar problems with patches 3.1H - 4.0B
173814 OCS: Known problems with Supp. Pack. Rel. 4.6A
400280 OCS: Known problems with Supp. Pack. Basis 6.10
782140 OCS: Known problems with Supp. Pack. Basis 6.20
672651 OCS: Known problems with Supp. Pack. Basis 6.40
- If there are any open repair/workbench requests reported by SPAM/SAINT during test import phase or SPDD action required, contact system owner/author to release these open requests/repairs or execution of SPDD.
Once the import was successful, please confirm queue. If there SPDD/SPAU action required, set ticket back to “Author action” with the note, that SPDD/SPAU have to be executed.
- Check CSS for notes and internal messages
- spau: contact system owner/author for running/solving spau
- os/db Problems
- unknown problems during import/runtime of SP’s à open CSN ticket under SAPService à Internal Messages in component BC-UPG-OCS-SPA with priority very high for Prio1 systems (regarding to SISM) and high for all other systems
Support Packages (requested by MARKETPLACE)
Step 1 until Step 5 see above
- Installing the Download Manager for downloading the necessary support packages: à Installation and using instruction documentation
- Download packages from marketplace to you local workstation/pc
- Logon to the target system and run spam. Under menu Support packages à Load packages à From Frontend you can select the respective support package and upload the package.
- Importing the latest Transaction SPAM/SAINT update. Make sure you have imported the latest SPAM/SAINT Version in your system. If there is a newer version on the SAP Service Marketplace, import the latest (no approval from the system owner is needed).
- Continue for SP import with step 11 and following steps above
How to implement ADDONs/PLUGINs
- Customer requests ADDON/PLUGIN Installation via CSN (DEV-PSS, DEV-PSS-INT)
Get approval of system owner (check R3SYS system owner or SISM: overall person in charge) within the corresponding CSN ticket; timeframe for import should be mentioned by the system owner within the ticket.
- Importing the latest Transaction SPAM/SAINT update
Make sure you have imported the latest Transaction SPAM/SAINT update in your system. If there is a newer version on the SAP Service Marketplace, import the new Transaction SPAM/SAINT update (see also chapter ‘How to implement Support Packages’ for applying SPAM).
- Logon to the system (client 000 and user tcsdev) and go to transaction saint For using please call the online help:
- For every ADDON/PLUGIN there is a CSN note available which describes how to proceed. Reading/Following is mandatory.
a. Check CSS for notes and internal messages
b. In case of any other problems please contact note owner, providing him detailed information about errors and ask for help.
How to check/delete OCS package in the SPAM/SAINT Inbox
- Login to the system and call transaction spam
- Go to Environment à Electronic Parcel Service
- Go to Goto à Inbox and search for the OCS package you looking for
- To delete this package, mark it in the first column and click “Delete”
- If the package marked as deleted, it will not be touched from the SPAM
How to check/deactivate creation of data file in the SPAM/SAINT
- Login to the system and call transaction spam
- Go to Extras à Settings
Uncheck “Create new data file” Activate “Never execute ABAP/Screen Generation