I am an ABAP Developer. With the latest developments in SAP Web Application Server, I feel I need to learn Java. Which is the best way to SELF learn Java i.e. whatever is required for SAP Web Application development?
The simplest way to get going with Java is just to start doing it! Go and download both the J2SE and J2EE development kit. This will give you all the tools you need to start building Java applications right now.
In addition, the Java site offers a number of tutorials on the subject. Check out for an initial list of topics on Java development. Once you have mastered some of the basics, check out the SAP Java Connector, JCo. Along with the included JCo tutorials, take a look at my book, Enterprise Java for SAP.
* Editor's note: Austin's book is available at Amazon.com. Check out this link to find out more about it:
- How to restart the java instance.
- How to Extract java 7.02 System Copy
- Backup Kernel for Java Stack
- Can JAVA Programmer go for SAP
- Kernel Patch Level in Java Only System
- Concern About ABAP+Java Dual Stack System Copy
- How to check the Java installation for webgui?
- How does a Java process connect to the database?
- Need to Open JAVA on Oracle Linux 5.8
- JCO (Java Connectivity) Configure Steps