I am an ABAP Developer. With the latest developments in SAP Web Application Server, I feel I need to learn Java. Which is the best way to SELF learn Java i.e. whatever is required for SAP Web Application development?
The simplest way to get going with Java is just to start doing it! Go and download both the J2SE and J2EE development kit. This will give you all the tools you need to start building Java applications right now.
In addition, the Java site offers a number of tutorials on the subject. Check out for an initial list of topics on Java development. Once you have mastered some of the basics, check out the SAP Java Connector, JCo. Along with the included JCo tutorials, take a look at my book, Enterprise Java for SAP.
* Editor's note: Austin's book is available at Amazon.com. Check out this link to find out more about it:
- What is Java
- Java Interview Questions
- Java Course and Certification
- SAP JCo Tutorial
- Java Tutorial for Beginners
- How Java Programming Works
- Best Java Online Compilers
- Java 8 New Features
- Difference between SDM and JSPM
- JDK Download and Installation
- Java Program using Eclipse IDE
- Eclipse IDE Download & Installation
- Run Java Program from Command Prompt
- Create Variables in Java
- Java Variable types and Data types
- Java String
- Polymorphism in Java
- Packages in Java
- Arithmetic Operators in Java
- Increment and Decrement Operator In Java