I have some interviews questions on RMAN, Flashback and DG.
1) Restore database ---> during restore skips datafiles that are present already? or does it starts restoring again from the beginning.
2) Should flashback be turned on and off during course of business time to avail more use of flashback.
3) Do we need to have different catalogs for different environment.if yes, how would catalog identify backup of database env A and restore in env B.
4) If have backup at 4am and something happened wrong on users tablespace and would like to rollback to time 10am. Should I just do recover tablespace until scn ; or I have to do restore tablespace until scn too? if yes why do restore tbs, because tablespace should already exist in target , so we should only do recover tablespace until scn step? and do I need to put that tablespace in offline mode before?
5) What steps to do on standby when you perform PITR and you open db in resetlogs on primary.How we can bring resetlogs same on primary and standby, if flashback has not been turned on standby.
Please share the steps.Thanks in advance!