I am an ABAP programmer who would like to move into portal development. Where should I start?
SAP has released two Portal Development toolkits (PDK) each targeted at a specific release of SAP Enterprise Portal. The version for EP 5.0 can be run without the installation of EP 5.0, whereas the EP 6.0 PDK requires that you have a local installation of EP 6.0. I recommend starting with the EP 5.0 PDK as you can do full development and deployment into the Tomcat servlet container to test.
EP PDK 5.0 can be found at this URL:
You might also want to check out SAP's WebDynpro development framework. WebDynpro is SAP's next generation development platform for building Web-based SAP applications. Their future plans include the full integration of WebDynpro applications within the Enterprise Portal.
A preview version of the NetWeaver technology stack can be downloaded here:
- Developers Key
- Unable to Access Portal Page
- Load Balancing Connection from Portals
- SAPEP - SAP NETWEAVER PORTAL FUNDAMENTALS
- Portal Transports
- HANA Studio Dependencies missing while Installing ABAP Development Tools (ADT)
- How to export DESKI reports to Infoview portal
- Default user for EP (Enterprise Portal)
- Automatic Distribution of Maintenance Certificates for Portal