In US market, do we need to have grip in PP to survive in APO? I understand that out of the five components of APO, DP, SNP, PPDS, TVPS and GATP, DP doesnot need PP background. But it confusing when I talk with people.
Here are two different suggestions:
You definitely need to know Material Master and then PP very much as APO is just an extension of PP. The situation in US is in such a way that they need to have knowledge of atleast 3 of the 5 APO components.
Donot need APO:
It is true that Material Master is a must but you need not have good PP background. Its a kind of tough scenario where you can find a guy with both PP and APO. Just learn some of the components and you can take it from there.
Can somebody please comment/advise me? I do see the involvement of PP in APO when I am reading through the material.
Another question is - How is SAP SRM. I heard it very hot and how can I compare it with SAP SCM? I already learnt a little in SAP SCM and it would be to start from scratch if I were to start with SRM. May be its not a problem! But in future point of view, which one is good? Can somebody comment on this please?
If you are working on SCM (Supply Chain Management) based project then it is required to know basics of R/3 and the basic of the APO from the production point of view. Any way I will not going into details. I will try to give a brief explanation on the importance of APO from production point of view. When we are dealing with R/3 based PP we are required to know almost all the details of the master data, order processing as well as how we are supposed to deal with GI and GR processing. Now APO comes into scenario when the companies have multiple plants within one city or globally, it is also required to carry out enhanced planning. The basic components of APO (From manufacturing point)
• Supply Network Planning.
• Production Planning / Detailed scheduling.
• Transportation plan / Vehicle scheduling.
• Demand planning.
Suppose the company plans to enhance their SAP system and go for implementation of business suite component for example mySAP SCM (Supply chain Management) then we bring APO into scenario and establish a proper integration between R/3 & APO. All types of planning can be done both in R/3 & APO. We generally derive the result of the APO and then transfer to the R/3 for further execution. Thus everything depends both on the client’s requirement as well as the purpose of using enhancement. It is always recommended for a consultant working on APO should have a better understanding on the functional aspects of the R/3 components like PP, MM etc.
- APO Interview Questions
- What is SAP APO (Advanced Planner and Optimizer), Course, Fees, Career & Certification
- APO - R/3 Integration in Production Planning
- Maintaining product master in R/3 or in APO.
- Why used Planning tools like APO or I2?
- Why to choose APO over R/3 for planning?
- What do u understand by SAP APO
- APO Front End Patch
- APO Product Allocations
- Need SAP PP certification materials
- PP PDF needed
- Transfer Stock Transfer Order Requirement from R/3 to APO
- What is SAP APO?
- Need your precious advise to step into SAP please !!!
- Quotation Not Triggering Planned Orders in APO
- SAP ABAP and APO certification
- Overlapping Activities in SAP APO PPDS
- How to Configure the Proper Output Types for PP?
- Essential Enhancements in APO Demand Planning
- Production Planning with SAP APO
- Sales and Inventory Planning with SAP APO
- Capable to Match (CTM) with SAP APO
- Demand and Supply Planning with SAP APO
- SAP ABAP Advance Coockbook
- Advanced BSP Programming
- Inside SAP BusinessObjects Advanced Analysis
- Advanced guide to EDI configuration
- SAP PRESS HCM books links needed
- SAP SCM - APO GATP
Full Stack Developer (Ruby on Rails, HTML, Angular JS)
Exp :3 - 5 years | City : Chennai
SAP Process Specialist
Exp :3 - 5 years | City : US
SAP with Portuguese & English Langauge Support | 3 - 6 Years
Exp :3 - 6 years | City : Hyderabad
SAP BW HANA | 8 - 10 Years | Hyderabad / Secunderabad | Tech
Exp :8 - 10 years | City : Hyderabad
Solution Architect for the Oracle Hyperion EPM Suite | 8 - 1
Exp :8 - 13 years | City : Bangalore
SAP BODS Consultant | 5 - 7 yrs | Bangalore , Pune | IMSI In
Exp :5 - 7 years | City : Bangalore
SAP - BPC Professionals | 6 - 10 Years | Hyderabad / Secunde
Exp :6 - 10 years | City : Hyderabad
SAP PP Professional | 5 - 8 yrs | Chennai | Sify Limited
Exp :5 - 8 years | City : Chennai
Senior SAP FICO Consultant | 8 - 12 Years | Hyderabad / Secu
Exp :8 - 12 years | City : Hyderabad
SAP Pi/xi | 5 - 8 Years | Kolkata | Magna Infotech
Exp :5 - 8 years | City : Kolkata