If you need to generate a web service in SAP CRM you have to use following steps:
- First of all you have to move to transaction BSP_WD_CMPWB, now you have to give a component name as WS_DESIGN_TOOl. This component would be used for web service tool and after that web service tool will be open in the browser itself.
- Then you would have to click on ‘New’ button in result list for the creation of new web service, now a web wizard for creating web service will be opened.
- Provide object name, description. As you wish contact person, provide element as business partner and root object as contact.
- Now you have to click next after checking the checkbox for READ.
- After clicking next you would be able to see a node for contact. Now you have to open this node, you will see a few sub nodes opened, and then choose a node, a table will be shown with obtainable attributes. And then choose a node bas as per your demand, although you can choose a contact node itself.
- Now you can choose multiple attributes you wish from the right table after choosing a node from the left table. Now click on the confirmed selection button below the attributes table.
- Then you will see the maintain attributes screen that will be opened. You will see all the desired fields.
- After revising all the fields, you have to click on next.
- Now you will see the settings screen, and if you want to see all the details you would have to click on expert mode button. And then you have to save all your data using save button
- Check whether there are some kind of errors or not
- After checking, you have to activate all your web services.
- As soon as it would be activated, you have to click on productive button and later you have to save using productive click.
- Finally you can run your web service.
By using all these steps you would be able to generate a web service in SAP CRM.