SAP Banking services is a industry specific product addressing Core Banking and accounting, risk management & compliance requirement for the banks. It contains two main areas. They are transactional Banking (Deposits, Loan, Colerteral etc), analytical Banking (Accounting for Financial Instruments, Profit analyzer, Credit Risk Analyzer, Limit Analyzer etc). Also number of other products are offered from SAP for Banking customers based on their requirements.
To speacialize/Learn any one of the main areas following general skill set is required.
1. Banking Industry Experience
2. SAP for dummies. Architectural understandings, transports, landscape etc
3. Navigation of SAP system
4. Accounting knowledge
5. Good Banking or similar industry system implementation rollout experience
To Learn Transaction Banking
1. Require good Corebanking knowledge
2. How channels interact with corebanking systems
3. Good understanding to learn technical stuff
4. Basic accounting knowledge
5. Some of the modules you can specialzie are Deposit Management, Loan Management, Colerteral, Accounting origination, Payment Engine etc.
To Learn Analytical Banking - Bank Analyzer
1. Required strong understanding of Core Banking and how financial institutions work
2. Strong knowledge in Bank accounting and regulatory environments
3. If you are specialzing in Accounting (AFI) then this require strong understanding of how accounting work, valuation of products, Cash flows and different accounting standards, EIR calculations etc.
4. Other main area in Bank Analyzer is Credit Risk Analyzer (CRA) or also called Basel II. This require strong understanding of regulatory environment and understanding of different risk management and compliance requirements. Also how some of the calculation such as PD, EAD, RWA are derived.
5. Modules in Analytical Banking (Bank Analyzer) are AFI, Profit Analyzer, Limit Analyzer, CRA and so on.
6. Knowledge of ABAP is very helpful to learn Bank Analyzer
7. Previous training of SAP BW will be very helpful
7. Strong General Ledger knowledge
- SAP Career Guidance & Advice
- SAP Resume for Freshers & Experienced
- SAP Full Form & Meaning
- SAP Interview Questions for Freshers
- SAP Courses Fees For Different Modules
- How to Prepare for SAP Certification Exam
- Does SAP Certification Sufficient for your Career Growth
- List of Companies using SAP in India
- Tips and Tricks to Crack Job in SAP
- SAP PDF Books