1. Can you articulate how an OLTP vs. an OLAP system is typically used and What benefits and challenges does a business have with a BI system?
2. Can you explain what types of data are used in SAP BW, in an infocube in particular? What object/s link the data in an infocube?
3. What are SIDs in relation to infoobjects and the BW star schema?
4. How do infoobjects fit into SAP BW? Can you give a few examples of infoproviders?
5. What is the difference between navigational and display attributes and compounding infoobjects?
6. What are hierarchies and why are they relevant to infoobjects?
7. Do you understand the behavior of the different types of aggregation for key figures?
8. What database tables comprise an infoobject (particularly for characteristic infoobjects)?
9. What are the key differences for each kind of infoproviders?
10. How are the different tables of a DSO used in the ETL? How does delta management come into play?
11. What are the different types of DSO?
12. How are infoobjects used in infoproviders?
13. When is a line item dimension useful in an infocube?
14. How are data linked together in multiproviders?
15. What characteristics can we use in infoproviders? (refer to checkpoint 2 for the types)
16. What is the main differences between multiproviders and infosets?
17. How are multiproviders useful?
18. How does the multiprovider know what characteristics are used to produce a valid view of data?
19. What are virtualproviders and Why are they used?
20. What kind of data is typically stored in each type of infoprovider?
21. How do datasources work? How different does it work for a SAP system, a flat file, and other database systems, among others?
22. What are the different kinds of datasources?
23. What are the ways to enhance data coming from a datasource? (HINT: there are a couple of ways to do this)
24. What are transformations, and how are they used?
25. What are the ways to manipulate data in a transformation?
26. What is the difference between infopackages and DTPs?
27. What is the role of PSA in the ETL?
28. What is the use of the different loading types of an infopackage?
29. How are process chains used in a typical system?
30. What are the parts of a process chain? What are the parts of a process variant in a process chain?
31. How can BI content be useful for development?
32. What are some examples of business content datasources?
33. What are the different kinds of generic datasources?
34. How can we check the data provided by a datasource?
35. Why do we need to deliver certain kinds of reports for certain users?
36. What options to restrict data are available when creating reports in Query Designer?
37. What is the difference between restricted key figures and calculated key figures?
38. What is the difference between a local and a global key figure?
39. How do conditions and exceptions work?
40. What can be done in Report Designer and Web Application Designer (WAD) which cannot be done in Query designer?
41. What customization options do we have when dealing with report variables?
Get Answers with Explanation for Aforementioned Questions at SAP BW Forum.