I was looking for benchmarking details or probably to discuss with someone about Shareplex tool of Quest (now DELL) to be used for CDC mechanism.
I have a project where IBM CDC or GG is suggested but doesn't fit the bill i.e. $$.. it just runs to millions+ because of distributed source systems.
Appreciate if you can help in understanding
1. Shareplex - for data change of 15 GB in 15 minutes. (worst case). - 15 GB of redo logs being created in 15 minutes.
2. Source tables in two different physical systems.
3. Extremely big source tables - ~ 5 TB & 20 TB respectively.
4. We don't have storage to replicate the whole table but only delta...
5. One more functionality we look for is - to capture only delta change as the table doesn't have a field to look up only changed data.
Hope you can help.
Also have CC'ed my alternate ID as too many mails pour in this group and I might end up missing some ones potential mail/solution.