Every SAP system has only one dispatcher and message server..you can't increase them.. A SAP instance can have only one Dispatcher.. Instance is nothing but group of services running together and are dependent. Every service correspond to a port like Dispatcher port is 32XX, and you cannot start two port with the same instance profile i.e you cannot start 3201 and 3202 from same instance profile, But same you can start 3201 and 3202 with two different instance profiles. So technically it is not possible. See the very concept of dispatcheris to dispatch request and roll context to workprocesses, ensure availability of work processes and many other task. Similarly msg server is used for interinstance communication. And icm & gateway have similar task.
There is no point or scenario that may require extra dispatcher. That is why SAP had designed its system and instance concept for distibuted communication with providing scalability.
- NT: Dispatcher in status 'Yellow',SAP system running
- SAP BASIS & Security Concepts
- Problems with Multi-clients in one SAP Production instance
- How to do transport from os level in case of more than 100 TR to be imported.
- HTTP(S) Load Balancing using SAP Web Dispatcher
- How many spool work processes for each instance?
- System Restart Start the Communication Channel: Is It Possible?
- Application Server Instances
- What will happen if a background job is running and the Operation Mode Switch is activated in between?
- Is It Possible more than one Dispatcher in one SAP Instance.
- Is it possible to store Sap User's Password in a table if yes how ?if no why ?
- If you apply the kernel in only Central instance how it will effect to App servers?
- Can a task list be created and shared with more than one piece of Equipment?
- If PO is Created With More Than One Month Duration Need to Display an Information Message
- Why Sub-query Returning More than One Row?
- How can I install one onther Dialog instance?
- Is it possible to create more than one info record for a customer and a material?
- On Which Basis One Can Do Login if A Request Transport from Dev. to Prod.?
- How to call more then one subscreen on one subscreen area without Tabstrip.