Printers in SAP Systems
1. Valuedb (the default value): Spool requests are stored in database table TST03 (Advantage: backup as part of the database).
2. ValueG: Stored at operating system level in global directory (Advantage: performance).
You can also specify the storage location individually for the output device in transaction SPAD (menu pathEdit→ Data Storage).
Local Printer with Letter L
Network Printer with letter U
F Front end Printing
Creating Output Devices SPAD
menu path Tools → CCMS → Spool → Spool Administration).
Check the Print Environment
1. How many spool work processes are set up for the application server to which you are currently logged on?
SM50 and count the number of work processes of type SPO.
2. How many spool processes are configured in your entire SAP system? SM66
3. How many spool servers are available in your SAP system? SM51
4. Make a setting for your SAP user so that an output request is not created immediately for a spool request.
choose System→ User Profile→Own Data (transaction SU3) and the Defaults tab page there. Ensure that Output Immediately is not checked and save your changes, if necessary.
5. Which printers are defined at operating system level of your server? Where do they print?
Call Start → Settings → Printers at operating system level in your server.
Create a Local Printer
1. Call Tools → CCMS → Spool → Spool Administration (transaction SPAD). On the Devices/Servers tab page, choose Output Devices (leave the field to the right empty). If you cannot find the button to Create, choose Change to switch to change mode. Now create the printer Local## with the following specifications:
2. Device Attributes tab page:
Device Type: Should match the previously determined printer (HPLJ4)
Spool Server: Any spool server from your system
Location: Any text
Host Spool Access Method tab page:
Access Method: C for Windows
Host Printer: Name of the previously determined printer (Printer1 or Printer2)
Accept the default values for the other values and save. As you can see, the system specifies the Short Name automatically.
3. Output any list (Suggestion: All profile parameters that begin with .rspo.) without immediate printing on the printer Local##.
- To create the suggested list, start transaction SA38 enter the report RSPFPAR, and execute it. Enter the parameter rspo* and choose Execute again. Alternatively, you can also print the output of transaction SM51.
- To Print, choose the appropriate button. Alternatively, you can choose System → List → Print. Choose Local## as the output device (enter it directly or select it using the F4 help). Choose Continue without making any additional entries.
Create a Front End Printer (Optional)
Create a front end printer Frontend## in the SAP system
Call Tools → CCMS → Spool → Spool Administration (transaction SPAD). On the Devices/Servers tab page, choose Output Devices (leave the field to the right empty). If you cannot find the button to Create, choose Change to switch to change mode. Now create the printer Frontend## with the following specifications:
Device Attributes tab page:
Device Type: SWIN
Host Spool Access Method tab page:
Access Method: F
Host Printer: __DEFAULT
Rest Default and Save
Change your Print setting to Immediate and rest the print process is same
Frontend Printing with the SAP GUI for HTML
Call Tools → CCMS → Spool → Spool Administration (transaction SPAD). On the Devices/Servers tab page, choose Output Devices (leave the field to the right empty). If you cannot find the button to copy (Create using Template button), choose Change to switch to change mode. Now select the printer Frontend## with the mouse and choose Create using Template.
Call the new printer Webgui## and change the device type to PDF1. Leave the other values unchanged and save.
Call the following URL in your local Web Browser
Do not forget the .!. sign at the end.
Log on with your SAP user. Print any list (such as the output from transaction AL08) on the printerWebgui##. A new web browser window will appears, A PDF document with the list is displayed in this window after some time. This document can now be saved
to the users computer or printed.
Logical Spool Servers
A spool server can assign multiple output device to reduce the lode on Spool server we include logical Spool server
Output device >> Logical Spool Server >> Spool Server