Perhaps you have heard this one, "How do you know if your software engineer is an extrovert?" The answer is, "Because he looks at YOUR shoes when he talks to you."
Is this a funny observation or an unfair characterization? Whether it is funny or not, in IT we do have a reputation for being an introvert’s paradise. Of course this does not mean every IT professional is an introvert. In Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World that Can’t Stop Talking, author Susan Cain acknowledges that there are times when an introvert should consider acting like an extrovert. Public speaking is one of the times when an introvert can benefit from acting like an extrovert. If you are a leader people need to hear from you and this means speaking in public. You can be an introvert and be an excellent speaker. It comes down to your approach.
Please share with us how you approach public speaking. What are some of your best tips? What has been your most positive speaking experience and why? Feel the need to get something off your chest, by all means share with us your less than stellar speaking experiences and what you would do differently. Let’s create a league of excellent introverted speakers. We are all in this together!
PS. Being a nervous speaker is not the sole domain of introverts. If you do not think you are introvert, join the discussion anyway. We need your tips too!
- PMP (Project Management Professional) Certification Affect on Career
- How will you handle Sequence Generator during Code Migration?
- Is It Possible to mark an Alert as Acknowledged or Handled?
- How do you write the ole command to save an Excel spreadsheet as a pdf?
- How to handle technical issues while doing project
- How to Drop an INDEX Table-space as It has Grown to Approx 2 TB?
- Do You Foresee Your Company Using Big Data?
- How do you Identify what type of Vendor is it in the Master Vendor file
- Is it possible to create an XS application and want to make it public?
- PUBLIC COMPANY ACCOUNTING OVERSIGHT BOARD
- Managing SAP Archiving Projects
- Handling Errors and Messages
- How You Benefit from SAP Solution Manager
- Managing SAP ERP 6.0 Upgrade Projects
- SMI310 SAP Solution Manager
- TADM10_2 SAP NetWeaver AS Implementation & Operation I
- Enhancing Supplier Relationship Management Using SAP SRM
- SAP Solution Manager 7.1
- BC Memory Management
ABAP HANA Consultant Job | 5 - 8 yrs | Bengaluru | SAP India
Exp :3 - 5 years | City : Bangalore
SAP HR - Payroll End User Support
Exp :2 - 8 years | City : Saudi Arabia
Small talk developer
Exp :2 - 10 years | City : Noida
Urgent requirement for SAP SRM CONSULTANT for permanent job
Exp :4 - 15 years | City : Roorkee
Opening for Sr. SAP Basis Consultant @ Bangalore (Immediate
Exp :6 - 15 years | City : Bangalore
SAP FI/CO Revenue Recognition - Bramasol is based in Santa
Exp :10 - 20 years | City : Other International
Urgent requirement |SAP SD Techno functional
Exp :5 - 11 years | City : Bangalore
due to AV scan timeout
Exp :3 - 0 years | City : US
SAP Hana Cloud Integeration | 6 - 9 Years | Pune | Atos
Exp :6 - 9 years | City : Pune
SAP WM | 3 - 8 yrs | Bangalore | Global Hunt India Pvt. Ltd.
Exp :3 - 8 years | City : Bangalore