1. What is meant by payscale structure? How did you configure payscale structure? (I said I created various payroll areas and defaulted them using the feature ABKRS. Seemed he was expecting more than this from me.)
A: Pay Scale Structure means creation of Payroll area , Pay scale type,area, group and levels with EmpSub group grouping for PCR & CAP's.
2. How do you import payscale data from non SAP to SAP? (Somebody told me that there's a tool called LEGACY to transfer non SAP data to SAP. I said the same. Is it the same for payroll also? He wanted a clearer explanation of how I did it.
A: Yes you have to say from which transaction code you are transfeing data from Non SAP in to sap.
3. How to assign a person two different pers no.s and allocate him two different comp. codes and generate a single invoice? Suppose for a person I have to pers no.s A and B. I want to send him to one company in the morning and the other in the noon. How should I do this. (I only know one person can be given more than one position by giving percentage in OM. I said that this process is concurrent employment.)
A: No, even with Concurrent employment also it is not possible to assign two personnel numbers for one person. You can assign him to work wih two Personnel ID Numbers with the same number and make invoice.
4.What is meant by a schema? (I said I'm only aware that it is a set of rules which is copied and renamed, but never worked on that.)
A: No, you have to say him that schema is a set of instructions ( Programs ) madified as per requirements and its process is to collect the data as from all the defined instuctutions with sub schemas and PCR's. As I was not authorised to work on them I know just the process of schemas only, (you should have said like this.)
5. How do you restrict the data to be entered in payroll area?
A: No, data is entered in a payroll area , but the employees are defined depending on their payscale structure. If you are restricting any data to be entered for pay strcs this is for indirectly for payroll area.
6. What is meant by authorization? Did you ever work on it?
A: Authorisations are the transactions given to the end users or the developers for only some areas to work, infotyopes, transaction codes, org units and others depending on the requirement of the client or the develping enterprise. Check this at PFCG tcode.
7. What is the difference between Indian and US Payroll. (I said each of them have their own ITs and the taxation differs.)
A: Yes it correct and even you have to say about the Benefits which are more important in US. In US unemployment tax will come. Garnishments will come, Residence taxation, Work tax and others, you have to say it in broad way then only they can know that you are working, or confident enough.
8. Give me a brief description of the IT Tax.
A: No IDEA.
9. How do you differentiate Tax for different countries?
A: Taxation has so many use exits to be created which means it all happens only from the new versions which SAP Releases.
10.What is meant by slab? How is Indian slab and US slab? (He was talking about some %ages. I don't know what they are. )
A: Grouping of employees depending on their allowances and PERKS is nothing but Slab system and it also even comes for Professonal Tax.
11. What are Dynamic Actions? Give a few examples. What are the IT's you used in them. (I know only Birth of Child action, and the IT's used in it are Personal Data, Additional Payments)
Dynamic actions which are triggered by the system. They are result of some personnel action. If you make a change (personnel action) to the personnel data of an info type that then has an effect on the data of a second info type, the system automatically displays the info type. One of the main purpose of the dynamic action (of the system) is to have a consistent and coherent data. These actions are started automatically by the system, unlike the Personnel actions which you start by yourself. The best example is when you carry out an action lets say hiring, you need to populate a set of info types. Your initial entry of details in infotype 0000 is personnel action. When you do this system automatically displays next infotpes- which is result of dynamic action
12. What is Recruitment Cycle?
Its is the complete process of recruitment right from identifying the vacancies displaying the same, notifying them, inviting the applicants, screening the applicants, interviewing them, selecting them, and recruiting them and appointing them(giving an organizational position in the organization--- all theses processes constitute the recruitment cycles
13. What is Qualification Deficiency? How will you come to know that a Person does not have certain skills/qualificatio ns? (This was posed after I said that I worked on Training and Events also).
Generally the required qualifications are stored in Required Qualifications (Infotype 5129). So any deficient qualifications can be viewed in this infotype.
14. What is IT 41 used for? How do I default IT 41?
Date Specifications (Info type 0041). The following information is recorded in the Date Specifications info type (0041). The Date type specifies the type of information. A concrete Date type (specified by the user) is used in a series of reports, for example to evaluate an entry date that cannot be derived from the organizational assignment history but which is stored in the Date Specifications info type(0041). This info type can be used in payroll as well as for the leave program. The standard system contains twelve combinations of Date type and Date. If you require more than twelve date specifications for an employee at the same time, you can use time constraint 3.
Suppose the client wants me the vacancy to be displayed on a website as well as ESS. How should I do it? (I only know ESS means Employee Self Service, please explain about ESS also).
Employee Self-Serviceenables employees to create, display, and change their own HR-related data in the Enterprise Portal generally related to. Benefits and Payments,, Working Time, Career and Job, Employee Search, Personal Data, Travel Management, Corporate Information and Life and Work Events. So the kind of data the employees can edit, change or delete depending upon the authorizations the employees (users and roles) have. The authorization to have access to the vacancies by employees is given, generally the vacancies will be displayed for all the employees i.e all the employees will have authorizations.
Get More Questions and Answers with Explanation at SAP HR (Human Resource) Forum.