Data Extraction is the process of loading data from OLTP to OLAP (BW/BI).
Here is an illustration:
In a company, in which daily thousands of transactions happen all over the world. So to analyze business on yearly or monthly basis, company need to move to SAP BW/BI, so that they can generate reports and take business decisions. To load all the data which was captured till yesterday, from SAP R/3 to BW/BI. Do a full load for this. After completing this task, company need to load the transactions that will happen from tomorrow to BW. This can be done either daily or weekly or monthy based on the volume of transactions. If there are 1000s of transactions per day, company can use daily load, 10000s - weekly, if in lakhs- monthly.
So, in precise, data has to be extracted in two modes:
1. Full load - Entire data which is available at source is loaded to BW/BI
2. Delta load - Only the new/changed/deleted data is loaded.
Full Load Data FLow:
- Setup tables
- T-codes for the respective extract structures
Update methods for delta load:
- Serialized V3
- Queued Delta
- Direct Delta
- Unserialized V3
Problems in Serialized V3 update:
- Several changes in one second
- Different instances and times synchronization
- The V2 update dependence
Explanations for Following Questions:
Why is V3 dependent on V2, what is V2 and V1 update?
There are following tables and there respective questions:
1. Application tables (R/3 tables)
2. Statistical tables (for reporting purpose)
3. update tables
4. BW queue
- For Application tables its V1 update, statistical tables its V2 update and is it that the same information is again redundantly stored in update tables?
- How are statistical tables different from update tables?
- V3 collective update same as Synchronous V3 update?
- How does the records get saved in update tables?
- What is meant by serialization?is it the serialization beween sequence of records in update tables to the sequence in BW Queue?
- Explaination about the Collective run performance with different languages?
Functions of LO-COCKPIT:
- Maintain Extract Strucutres
- Maintain Data Sources
- Activating update
- Controlling update
LO Cockpit Step By Step
Read Here for More SAP BW (Business Warehousing) TutorialsDownload attached file:
You must be Loged in to download file