What is a SAP Client Copy?
The Client Copy tool allows you to copy selected components of an existing client to another client. The target client can either be in the same R/3 system or in another R/3 system.
You can copy selected parts of an existing client into another client, e.g. the user master data with the copy profile SAP_USER, with the client copy tools.
Before doing a client copy, you need to prepare the following :-
1. Find the source client space with the client size custom program which can be implemented using the rel. note: Find the space of the client - '0118823'. This will give you the size of the source client. The source client can be in the same or another system.
2. If your are on Unix OS, adjust all the file systems according to PRD file system to fit the PRD client in DEV client based on space requirements also.
3. You can do the client copy by remote or export/import client.
- Remote method is not preferred if you are doing a large client copy.
- Do a client export/import.
4. To speed up the export/import, use R3trans export/import for the clustered tables.
Please find the rel. notes related to performance improvements for cluster tables in OSS.
5. Do import and post processing.
Note: Export may take 10 to 20 hr. for 50gb of data import may take 4 days and post import will take 8 to 15 hr. for 50gb of data. And it all depends on your system performance.
Please refer OSS rel. notes for the few RZ10 parameters which needs to be set for cluster tables to speed up the process.
If it is a fresh installation, do this --
1. SCC4 --> Create client no. and fill other details.
2. Logon to the newly created client with SAP* and PASS as password.
3. SCCL --> choose any profile (preferably SAP_ALL), source client 000 and target client < as created just now >.
4. Preferably do a test run initially to check if it can go well.
5. As a care check space in databases.