· Over 7 years of experience as Financial Analyst out of which More than 4 years in SAP FICO module as Functional Consultant.
· Cross Functional Knowledge of Overall Business Processes in Pharmaceutical, Telecom, Banking, Finance and Manufacturing Companies.
· Strong functional experience in Implementing, Customizing, Configuring, Integration, Testing, User Training and Support. Having worked in latest version of SAP - ECC 6.0 in FICO & Project Management Tool - Solutions Manager 4.0.
· Significant hands on experience in designing and implementing FI (GL/AP/AR/AA).Worked on New GL. Experience in design and implementation of CO (CCA/Internal Orders (IO)/PCA.
· Full life cycle implementation using ASAP methodology .Understanding “As Is “ Business processes, Blue Print, Realization - Configuration, Final Preparation-Unit & Integration Testing, User Acceptance Testing , Preparation of Test Scripts ,Authorization design for Roles with Security team & developing BPP’s, End Users User Training Pre & Post Go Live Support.
· Knowledge of using SEM techniques like Business Planning & Simulation (BPS) and Business Consolidation (BCS).
SAP R/3 Configuration Skills:
· Financial Accounting (FI)
· General Ledger: Configuring and Customizing G/L account master records, chart of accounts, field status groups, automatic account determination, financial statement versions, G/L display configuration, validations and substitutions, Posting periods and Fiscal year variants, Number ranges and document types, SPL(Special purpose ledger).
· Accounts Receivable: Configuring and Customizing Customer master data, account groups, Creation of Terms of Payment, Discounts, Interest Calculations, Reason Codes, Dunning procedures, Credit management, dispute management.
· Accounts Payable: Configuring and Customizing vendor master data, account groups, payment program configuration, interest calculation, credit management, tolerances groups, check management.
· Closing and Reporting: Preparing financial statements in accordance with GAAP. Assisting accounting department in the month end and year end closing.
· Treasury: Lockbox Processing, Bank Account G/L Structure, Bank Statement Processing, and Exchange Rates, Electronic Bank statement, Cash journal.
· Integration with MM, PP and SD: Integration of FI with MM, PP and SD modules, Fine-tuning interfaces with FI, GL, AP, and AR including validation / substitution rules. Co-ordinate with SD team to implement credit management for receivables.
· Asset Management: Configuring Fixed Asset Modules, Defining asset classes, account determinations, number ranges, screen layout rules and assigned GL accounts, depreciation areas, depreciation, depreciation methods and accumulated depreciation. Determining depreciation areas for asset classes, depreciation key, calculation methods and period controls.
· Cost Element Accounting: creation of Primary and secondary cost elements, Automatic cost elements creation, Activating Reconciliation Ledger,
· Cost Center Accounting: Cost Center Accounting Configuration, Controlling Area/Profit Center Accounting Maintenance, creation of cost center standard Hierarchy, Activity Types and Statistical Key Figures, Assessments, Distributions, Periodic Reposting, Automatic Account Assignment in CO. Planning statistical key figures, Primary cost planning, Secondary cost planning, plan price calculation, periodic allocations in plan.
· Internal Orders : Creation of settlement cost element, Configuring the Settlement structure, settlement profile, Origin structure, Creating of Number ranges for settlement documents, Configuring of order planning, Budgeting, Defining status profile, Defining order types, Assigning of Number ranges to order types and Field selection settings.
· Tax Accounting: Tax Accounting Design, Configuration and Unit Testing. Assisted with integrating SAP with the external sales and use tax system. Work included development of a Sales and Use Tax Policy, GST (Goods and Service tax). Creating Tax codes and defining tax accounts in configuration, Tax on sales and purchases, Withholding taxes, Defining tax calculation procedure for tax types.
· EDI / IDOC: Using testing tool for the IDOC, Mapping the segments to relevant fields in documents, retriggering the failed IDOC, analyzing the reasons for failure of IDOCs.
· Batch jobs: Using the batch jobs for scheduling the programs at specific timings, monitoring the batch jobs, identifying the reasons for failure of batch jobs.
· ECC 6 New G/L concept: Define Ledger, Assigning scenario to ledger, Document Splitting, classified GL account and document type for splitting, establishing zero balance clearing account.
· Techno – functional skills: ALE, LSMW, IDocs for interfaces.
· Proficient in using Report Writer, Report Painter, Solution Manager exposure to Business Information Warehouse (BW)
· Conversant with LSMW, CATT, ALE, and EDI with the capability to interact with ABAP developers for development specifications.
· Strong experience on Plan and manage
FI: GL, A/R, A/P, Fixed Assets. New GL
Treasury: Lock-Box, EDI, Foreign Exchange.
Reporting: Report Painter & Report Writer, Hyperion Report, Planning & Analyzer
Integration: FI & CO integration with MM, SD and PP.
Tools: ASAP Methodology.
ERP: SAP R/3 Versions 3.1H, 4.0B, 4.6B, 4.6C, 4.7E & ECC 6.0.
Database: Oracle, MS Access
Tools: MS Office, Excel & PowerPoint presentation.
Operating Systems: MS DOS, Windows NT, 95, 98, 2000, XP
- MBA in Finance and Global business
Environment: ECC 6.0
Role: Sr. SAP FICO Functional Consultant
FMC Corporation is a diversified chemical company serving agricultural, industrial and consumer markets globally. Project involved customization of SAP ECC 6.0 and implementation across all enterprises in US, I was Involved in analyzing the requirements of clients and configuration in Financial and Controlling modules with Testing and support to resolve the issues.
· Involved in Full Life Cycle Implementation of the project; including blueprint preparation, configuration, testing, end user training and go-live phases.
· Interacted with client for requirements gathering and analysis. Reviewed and Updated the functional design documents for FI/CO developments
· Involved in developing detailed functional specifications and configuration documents
· Configured organization structure for company code, field status variant, fiscal variants, posting periods, document number ranges
FI-General Ledger (GL):
· Configuration of FI global settings, Configured company code, Created GL accounts, Defined posting keys, maintained field status variants and assigned to company code, screen variants for document entry as per business specifications and tested the configuration in various scenarios..
· Configured the settings in GL area, such as creating G/L master data, open item clearing.
· Configuration of Tax on sales and purchases, Withholding tax, Tax jurisdiction codes, tax Procedures, Cross Company code Configuration.
FI-Accounts Payable (AP):
· Setting up of own payment methods, payment files and advices through change in SAP scripts
Configuration and creation of house banks, bank accounts and assignment of these accounts to a check lot.
· Configured automatic payment program for out-going payments in A/P.
· Configured payment terms, over-due interest calculations, cash discounts and automatic clearing of line items.
· Starting with Purchase Requisition, Purchase Order, Goods Receipt, Invoice Verification, Vendor Payment and Check clearing sub-processes.
FI-Accounts Receivable (AR):
· Customer account groups, terms of payment, tolerance limits for customer payments, special GL indicators, dunning, and down payments.
· Setting up the Dunning program including dunning areas, dunning level and dunning charges.
Configured revenue integration with SD and credit management with dynamic check of the credit limit at the time of sales order.
· Configuration for the creation of A/R invoices and posting of manual incoming payments with differences.
· Process Payment advices to clear customer open items through automatic processing of BDC sessions.
FI-Special Purpose Ledger (SPL):
· Configured the basic settings of special purpose ledger including creating ledgers, activity types and field movements.
· Made configurations for foreign valuation and open item clearing.
· Defined various reports on FI-SL tables using Report Painter
FI-Assets Accounting (AA):
· Configured the Fixed Assets, chart of depreciation, asset classes, depreciation areas, number ranges, screen layout rules and account determinations and depreciation keys.
· Configured assets for special valuations i.e. Revaluation, Replacement, Interest, Reserves and various Asset types i.e. AUC, LVA.
· Maintained Asset Master Data - acquisitions, retirements, revaluation of assets, customized depreciation keys for depreciation run - planned, special, unplanned depreciation.
FI-Bank Accounting (BL):
· Configured lockbox processing, cash management. Generated bank advices and account posting.
· Imported and processed Electronic bank statements (EBS) worked with BAI2 file formats.
· Created lockboxes at house bank and configured control parameters and posting data.
· Configured G/L account structure for each bank account. Configured electronic bank statement and worked with different file formats (Multi-cash and BAI).
Integration with MM, PP and SD:
· Integration of FI with MM, PP and SD modules, Fine-tuning interfaces with FI, GL, AP, and AR including validation / substitution rules.
· Co-ordinate with SD team to implement credit management for receivables.
· Designed auto cash configuration in Lock box processing, Bank accounts, Manual and Electronic Bank statements.
· Analyze the customer's business requirements, needs and objectives and map them to the processes, solutions and products that are being implemented.
· Created Cost Center Group with standard hierarchy, cost centers, master data configuration.
· Defined planning layouts, distribution keys, activity price calculation, and overhead calculation.
· Used distribution cycle to allocate primary costs and used assessments cycle to allocate primary and secondary costs.
· Created Profit Centers with hierarchy including dummy profit centre
· Configured the basic settings for distribution, assessment of costs and revenue.
· Defined account determination for internal goods movements. Maintained automatic account assignment of revenue elements.
CO-Internal Order Accounting:
· Activated Order Management in Controlling Area for configuring. Internal Order with settlement profile and allocation structure.
· Defined Order Type and maintained order master data.
CO-Profitability Analysis (COPA):
· Created the Operating Concern, characteristics and value fields
· Defined characteristic derivation and activated Profitability Analysis.
· Transferred the CO-PA Planning Values to Profit Centers
· Created PA Transfer Structure to enable direct postings from FI to CO-PA
· Creation and Display of the Profitability Reports from the management perspective using forms and characteristics
Environment: ECC 6.0
Role: SAP FICO Consultant
AT&T is a premier communications holding in the
· Involved in ASIS- TOBE business study process and use ASAP methodology in SAP implementation.
· Used ASAP milestone for SAP implementation.
· Involved in Project Preparation: - Define project goals & objectives, Defining implementation strategy, define overall project schedule and implementation sequence.
· Involved in Business Blueprint: - Refines the original project goals and objectives, Define the base line scope.
· Involved in Realization Phase: Project team Training, Baseline configuration and Confirmation, Final configuration and confirmation.
· Responsible for the customization of AP, AR, GL, and CO Objects as per the business requirements and the relevant documentation of the changes.
· Financial Accounting configuration included Creation of Enterprise Structure.
· Configured company code, defined chart of accounts, account groups, assigned Chart of accounts to company codes.
· Worked on standard SAP Tax. Setup
· Defined fiscal year variant, posting period variants assigned document number ranges, defined tolerance groups for employees etc.
· Master data conversions for FICO and PS (projects, networks, profit centers, activities). Interface for ongoing connection HR-time entry (CATS). Project System extension for customer specific fields.
· Configured and Customized General Ledger accounting, Creation of G/L Accounts, Screen layout rules, automatic account assignments, Financial statement version, validation and substitutions
· Responsible for grouping the customers and vendors into different groups and subsequent creation of credit management areas and dunning areas according to the groups.
· Regrouped Vendors and Customers to define Credit Control Area & configured Fiscal Year Variant with special periods for year-end closing, customized screen layouts for document entry at Account/Document levels, Configured automatic interest calculations on account balances/line items Configured payment terms, over-due interest calculations, cash discounts and automatic clearing of line items, configured the Dunning program according to the client requirements and exposed in creation of Cost Centres and Cost Elements
· Worked on account determination configuration and interface points between FI and SD on various SD activities such as order management, pricing, delivery and transportation and billing
· Involved in the customization of dunning program including creation of the dunning proposals and also editing the dunning proposals. Involved in customizing the closing operations for AP and AR.
· Worked on integration of FI/CO with MM for Inventory valuation, Movement types, Damaged stocks and functions such as GR and Invoice verification
· Configuring the controlling Area settings and version control, maintaining the cost element master record maintenance. Generated reports using Report Writer and Report Painter.
· Provided training and production support for business users. Documented the vital changes, performed the system tests and trained the members in the client team on new system functionality.
Client: PetsMart Inc.,
Scope: Production Support and Upgrade
Environment: ECC R/3 4.6
Role: SAP FICO Consultant
Pet Smart, Inc. is the largest specialty pet retailer of services and solutions for the lifetime needs of pets. Pet Smart is the largest retail chain in
· Provided production support in the areas of GL, AR, AP, AA and CO modules
· Updated master bank account changes for the new stores and for the stores who have changes in their master bank account numbers.
· Worked in a team for creation and updating reports in report writer and report painter.
· Worked on the automatic invoice verification. Pet Smart Inc uses 3 way match. Invoice verification between the
· Responsible for processing all the pending IDocs at the end of month.
· Created IDocs with the logical Message type WPUBON, WPUFIB and WPUWBW.
· Monitoring day-to-day activities and fixing issues/problems as they occur.
· Team member of the team responsible for Month End process. This includes closing the old period and opening the new period, updating the variant; Check whether, all the sales are balanced for all the stores.
· Involved in sending a TREC file to the bank everyday which consists of all the payment details and check details.
· Supported in the area of Internal Order Settlement to Asset under Construction and respective asset (settlement profile, etc.) Configured Internal Order.
· Created different reports utilizing the versatile reporting features of asset accounting module like asset explorer, history sheet etc.
· CATT scripts are used to make a change to posting date of all invoices to make them available for next year.
· Provided functional specifications for reports, interfaces and enhancements.
Trained users in the areas of GL, AP, AR and CO modules.
· Prepared month end reports and configured relevant master data.
· ASAP methodology used for the upgrade project.
· Involved in analyzing the existing system for AS- IS study; gathered functional requirements through user workshops.
· Involved in defining requirements, configuration, integration, testing and training.
· Checking programs and reports developed by client for enhancements.
· Modifications of functional specifications and user exits to make them compatible with the new version
Client: Amerada Hess Corporation,
Scope: production support
Environment: ECC R/3 4.7
Role: SAP FI/CO Functional Consultant
Amerada Hess Corporation operates as a leading integrated oil and gas concern. In 1997 they adopted SAP’s
· Performed integrated testing for transactions relating to Asset retirement with scrapping and asset valuations
· Conducted various meeting with key Management in the Financial Management department to discuss various intricacies in the business and the needed development strategies
· Extensive support for G/L, AP, AR, AM, CCA, PCA, CO-PA, and other modules which includes MM and SD
· Provided extensive support to the business users regarding business issues arising out of SAP
· Created various new (fixed asset) asset master data and tested them thoroughly in the testing client and transported them into the production
· Worked on configuring the necessary settings to transfer plan data from controlling components to Special Purpose Ledger and resolved issues pertaining to SPL
· Resolved issues related to foreign currency valuation/revaluation account postings.
· Resolved issues related to billing document flow, incoming payments in AR.
· Resolved issues related to lockbox processing and cash management in Treasury.
· Responsible for creating depreciation keys for these assets and doing planned and unplanned depreciation testing
· Enhanced COPA reports
· Master Data Maintenance in PCA ( Profit center accounting), which included set up of new, Profit centers
· Provided SAP FI/CO tuning and troubleshooting including the identification and resolution of performance related issues
· Provided end user support to the SAP user community
· Created templates for recurring entries and account assignment model
· Prepared cost element wise reports (S_SLR_21000007) for management review
· Performed enhancement work in special ledger reporting
· Set up new reports in SL for Government reporting
Client: Merchant Banking & Financing Ltd,
Role: Financial Analyst
· As A Issue Manager to managed the public offering of various securities like equity shares (both ordinary as well as right), preference shares, bonds & debentures etc
· Merchant banking activities: IPO, RTS, underwriting of shares managing private placement of equity.
· Developed detail report on financial activity of MB: Financial advisory services, fixed deposit saving accounts, provident fund deposit, call account, current account. Learned the use of popular on line banking software Pumori plus 2.0.
· Researched on various lending process: Corporate lending, retail lending, lending against marketable securities.
· Trained in Credit, account and public relations departments.
· Involved in Initial Public Offering (IPO)
· Research for prospective clients and Developed database for IPO activities.
Client: MicroTech Computers,
Role: Financial Analyst
· Performed financial analysis, prepared budgets and forecasted revenues by reviewing financial statements and market reports.
· Developed financial reports and presentations management to facilitate them make informed decisions.
· Managed and audited monthly, quarterly and annual accounting closes including review of journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations.
· Performed a breakeven analysis for management to make critical decision.
· Handled tax audits of various clients & assisted them in tax management issues
· Prepared complex income tax returns for individuals as well as for businesses
· Gained exposure of Individuals, Firms & Companies taxation. Involved in preparation & filing of Tax Returns, Computation of Income Tax & also assisted in Tax Planning
Client: Standard Chartered
Role: Financial Analyst
Standard Chartered Bank is a multi- national bank with extensive presence in Asia, Africa & the
· Financial Appraisal of existing clients with respect to Investment Advisory (including Tax- savings, Mutual Funds & Life Insurance), Involved in Auditing of Financial transactions & Vouchers.
· Handling Branch Accounts & Preparation of Branch Profit & Loss Accounts & Balance Sheet. Created various statistical reports that were used as management tools in the decision making process.
· Track payments and schedule future payments. Verify accuracy of every expense before entering payment stream.
· Reconcile and distribute payment to multiply vendors. Distribute daily general operating reports. Maintain logs of payment schedules.
· Handle accounts receivable and billing services as needed. Process month end closings and monthly reports.
· Regularly take an added responsibility involving spreadsheet management and other duties. Process overhead invoices for payment and process all expense reports.
· Handle a broad scope of internal processes encompassing the daily management of billings, collections, reconciliation, general ledger and month end closing with main focus on accounts receivable functions.
· Ensured that all computerized aspects of accounts receivables were operating efficiently and effectively to ensure proper fee calculation and billing. Researched billing related issues as necessary to process billing to clients.