AL11 : List the SAP Directories on Application Server.
ST11: It is used to display the work directory. It displays the log files related to work process.
ST01 and ST05
Used to trace the following
1. When the RFC/ CPIC time are going beyond threshold value then switch on RFC Trace.
2. When more buffer swaps occurs in the table buffering ST02. Switch on Buffer Trace.
3. Enqueue Trace: When the enque or enque wait time is increasing by 5 M.Sec on CI(Central Instance) 100 M.Sec on Dialogue instance (Consider switching enqueue trace)
4. When there are too many expensive SQL Statements which are increasing the database response time in ST04 then switch on SQL Trace. (Identify those statements in ST04)
Eg. Select * from can be fine tuned by using select single * from with appropriate where conditions.
ST04 > Detailed > Oracle Session > SQL Statements.
5. Authorization Check: Whenever user encounters missing authorizations and could not be traced in SU53 can be traced out by switching the trace on User.
6. Kernel Trace: Used to identify the consistency of Kernel. It records all the calls that are made to kernel when the trace is ON.
Note: Do not switch on the traces when they are not required. It will populate enormous log files and occupies the complete disk place and system stands still. As a practice switch on the trace and inform the user to run the transaction. Switch Off the trace.
RC=0 (Return Code)
Note: Tuning is not testing we need enormous analysis and data to justify the conclusion.