How to schedule ALERT_NOTIFICATION_ENGINE
If "Advanced Notification" settings have been configured for any alerts in Technical Monitoring job than ALERT_NOTIFICATION_ENGINE schedule is always required because if the job ALERT_NOTIFICATION_ENGINE is not scheduled then no notifications will be generated for those alerts even if those alerts have advanced notification settings configured.
For scheduling the ALERT_NOTIFICATION_ENGINE job following steps needs to be performed:
- Start transaction SM36 to enter a name for the job and defining the background job
- Choose the job class A - High priority
- And then choose the Step pushbutton, and enter the following data:
- Enter the user under whom the job will run in the User input field, It is recommended to use the standard user for job execution for SAP Solution Manager (SOLMAN_BTC)
- In the Name input field of ABAP program, group box enter the name of the report ACC_ NOTIFICATION_ENGINE
- Save all your changes and then go back to the Define Background Job screen using Back pushbutton
- For scheduling the job, choose Start Condition:
- For starting the job immediately, choose Immediate.
- For scheduling the job periodically, select the Periodic job indicator, choose Period values, then Other Period, and enter 1 in the Minutes input field.
- At last, save your all changes