SAP PP (Production Planning)
SAP PP (Production Planning) Forum
I have 1 year of SAP support experience and I am going to join a SAP PP implementation. Can anyone guide me how to approach that successfully ?
First of all best of luck for your first implementation.
Please follow the following points.
1) Before going to client place read the ASAP methodology in detail and
prepare the important points required.
2) When you are at client place always be confident and don't be panic in
the meeting with management be calm.
3) At the start there may be few meeting with the honourable person with
client side, they may or may not listen to your words but that time handle
the situation in such a way that his ego should not heart and he must
listen to you.
4) Be clear with the concept that you are explaining take the suitable
examples whenever required.
5) Understand their As-Is process in details, ask them more and more
question so that they can give the proper requirement.
6) Take a round in the plants with the core users for few initial days and
observe the material movements and try to identify the storage locations
required for production and make the important remarks as per SAP PP
process and discuss with the core user.
7) Try to identify the scenario i.e. MTO or MTS. Understand their planning
strategy in details and decide which strategy group is suitable for their
8) Just take the reports from the users. Don't discuss right now but have a
glance on that which helps to decide the strategy group more clearly and
scenario i.e. discrete, REM ....etc. (From which scenario we can give the
reports easily and off-course consider the user convenience all the time.)
9) Big deal is master data. For the success of project we need to extract a
good master data from users.
10) L2 training - Educate core users for master data and explain the fields
required in detail to his satisfaction then only you will receive the
correct data. (PM will give L1 training)
11) Let them practice on system also on sandbox so there concept about the
master data template will be clear.
12) BPP preparation, BBP work shop and sign off.
*Note:- After preparation of BBP just sent it to your senior to check it
and change it as per his suggestion and try to understand the reason for
change from him, this will definitely help you to present the BBP in front
of client. *
13) Prepare KDS - Key data structure and take the sign off.
14) Complete the configuration and maintain the transport request in one
excel for safety purpose.
15) Proper testing of all scenario in DEV and Quality server. (ASAP
methodology in detail)
16) Prepare test script for all types of testing mentioned in ASAP
methodology and complete the enhancements and reports required. Test it
properly and give it to core users also for testing.
17) UAT is an important task because user will demand more and strong
chances of new requirements will be there. So be prepared for this.
18) If any configuration, KDS and BBP need to change then change it and
update the version and take sign off for new version.
19) Prepare L3 document for users and provide them training if user
required any changes just do it for their satisfaction and update the
20) Cut-Over activities - No need to worry much. For PP there may not but
21) In all above process you have to simultaneously work on the master data
BDCs required for uploading master data. Test it properly and educate the
core users regarding BDC templates and process of uploading the BDC so that
they can upload the data by their own.
Explain them the precautions to be taken for excel sheet to be uploaded.
22) Upload the master data successfully and match entries of excel sheet
and the respective table to confirm that all the data master data is
uploaded and nothing left.
23) This will help your CO consultant while running standard cost. Errors
will be less there.
24) Seat with him while running the standard cost and help him to correct
the errors in standard cost relevant to PP master data.
25) Prepare the go-love check list and check all the points before Go-Live.
Just Go-Live and provide the support to the users for their issues.
26) Initially issues may be more. So don't be panic and handle the issues.
That time test your ability then you will enjoy. Try to reply to issue asap
as this is the phase which decide the success of the project.
27) SAP PP won't take much time to stable with compared to other modules
because users are having very less transaction so chances of committing
mistakes are less.
28) Seat with user and close all the open points and ask client for
relieving when your support contract will going to end.
*Note:- For all the above document you can ask for templates to your
project manager. Which helps you a lot to prepare any documents and it
saves your time also.*
*Because of time concern, I am unable to provide all the points in detail.
So please go through the ASAP methodology very deeply.*
Sign up for STechies
Ask Question From Our Experts
All the site contents are Copyright © www.stechies.com and the content authors. All rights reserved.
All product names are trademarks of their respective companies. The site www.stechies.com is in no way affiliated with SAP AG.
Every effort is made to ensure the content integrity. Information used on this site is at your own risk.
The content on this site may not be reproduced or redistributed without the express written permission of
www.stechies.com or the content authors.